Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
The Lead Database Engineer is an experienced professional who will need to be able to complete multiple projects individually as well as a part of the Databases team. The Database Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of database management. This position is responsible for executing/following procedures for the maintenance, upgrade, backup/restoration, and monitoring of deployed databases, and must respond rapidly to database issues. The DBA is responsible for developing, improving, documenting, and implementing processes and procedures used by the Database Administration team.
What you'll be doing
• Install, configure, upgrade, and administer Oracle EBS environments and Oracle databases
• Address some user request related to SQL Server as needed.
• Backup (using different methods), clone and restore Oracle EBS environments.
• Troubleshoot backups/recovery, restore DBs and EBS environments using RMAN.
• Administer multiple ORDS environments, assist dev teams with setup, troubleshooting and training.
• Administer APEX environments, troubleshoot, and configure applications as needed.
• Address routine user requests related to Oracle EBS and other databases (Oracle/SQL Server)
• Identify and fix performance bottlenecks in DB as well as in EBS processes (CRs, Workflows, Printing, SSL/TLS and mailers)
• Coordinate with multiple Business and application support teams in different time zones
• Mentor other DBAs on the team in Oracle EBS architecture, technology, and security processes
• Work with other infrastructure teams to ensure high availability and security
• Patch Oracle EBS environment, standalone Databases, and other related products (OEM.OID, etc....) quarterly.
What you bring to the team
• Good knowledge in Oracle database/E Business suite architecture and components.
• Strong Hands-on experience in managing Oracle EBS (R12.1.x and R12.2.x) and Oracle Databases (11g/12c/18c/19c(CDB/PDB).
• Demonstrate experience in Migrating/Upgrading Oracle EBS environment to R12.2.9/10 with Oracle 19C Database.
• Experience in monitoring the Database environment using Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control 12c/13c
• Demonstrate knowledge of PLSQL, and SQL (reviewing code, developing, and optimizing queries)
• Demonstrate functional and technical working knowledge of Oracle Forms, Workflow, XML, PL/SQL, APEX, Form Personalization, Object-Oriented design methodologies and webservices.
• Experience in all routine EBS and DBA tasks including access management, concurrent processing troubleshooting, patching, print system maintenance, patching, cloning, backup, and recovery, etc....
• Demonstrate knowledge of UNIX/Linux-based platforms is required. A good knowledge of UNIX/Linux implies good scripting as well as being fully conversant with the OS and commands.
• A good knowledge of shell scripting and programming, including shell scripting and Java.
• Experience automating processes and configuration tasks using Ansible
• Excellent Communication Skills (Written and Verbal)
• Demonstrate ability to lead/assist the team as well as proactively indicate issues and improvement areas and lead the effort to address them.
• Demonstrate experience in Oracle Database/Application Performance tuning and analysis.
• Ready to work in 24*7 support and on-call rotation.
• Should be ready to work over the weekends for scheduled maintenance activities.
• Knowledge of oracle database wait events, Database and Application parameters
• Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and tune performance of the concurrent processing in large EBS environment.
The educational requirements for this role are:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT related field
• 10+ years of EBS production support experience
Hitachi Vantara is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.