Hitachi Vantara Federal
Hitachi Vantara Federal combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara Federal elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
We are seeking an experienced, high-energy certified project management professional (PMP) with a proven track record of delivering results for clients and stakeholders to help us continue to grow and expand our professional services business. Apply your client service, PMP knowledge, analytical intelligence and critical thinking skills to drive technology solutions, develop recommendations, address problems/solutions and facilitate business need discussions. All while being part of a collaborative, passionate, creative, energetic culture that values your experiences, invests in its employees and recognizes that success, profitability and growth start with you.
In this role you will be responsible for all facets of project and program management activities, with a focus on overall growth and customer satisfaction.Responsibilities Overview
• Serve as primary point of contact for HVF in dealing with Prime/Partner project management team, developing strong relationship with Prime leadership
• Liaison between Prime and the Client as directed, using strong communication and diplomacy in working within project parameters and delivering results; where we are serving the Prime role function as primary Point of Contact for the Client and ensure proactive, timely, and clear communications
• Coordinate all project-related activities internally within HVF components (pre sales, sales, financial, contractual, staffing etc.) related to projects that include professional services
• Accountability to deliver on all project/program requirements including technical, budgetary, schedule, growth, and project performance
• Implement and coordinate successfully service delivery across all program areas to ensure it follows a well-defined and detailed work scope, schedule, and budget
• Proactively manage, mitigate, and communicate project issues, risks, and dependencies
• Integrate various activities and task areas to ensure effective client support.
• Manage resources across projects, and maintain/track contract deliverables, schedule, and budget; this includes reconciling actual labor hours and costs in monthly budget tracking tool
• Recommend changes to improve processes and alleviate process inaccuracy and duplication.
• Work closely with financial team to ensure accurate time reporting, invoicing, and forecasting
• Ensure conformity to contractual obligations; effectively manage scope, establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show program progress.
• Ensure appropriate management, customer and supplier involvement throughout the life of the program.
• Formulate and enforce work standards, subcontractor management and performance, and customer satisfaction and alignment of these with the objectives of a program.
• Participate in monthly program management reviews, reporting on progress against all program requirements technical, budgetary, schedule, growth, and project performance, as well as risks and dependencies.
• As additional requirements evolve, work closely with Sales and Pre-Sales teams to inform solutioning, identify potential areas for growth and plan for new work.
• Facilitate weekly calls and/or weekly project reviews for Prime, Client and HVF internal stakeholders, documenting and tracking decisions, issues, new actions and progress against existing actions; hold team accountable for assigned actions and deliverables
• Create and proactively manage risk plan, analysis and solutioning; document, track, and pro-actively mitigate and communicate project risks, issues, and dependencies; communicate and escalate to senior leadership as appropriate
• Diplomatic interaction with Prime and client, as directed by Prime when appropriate, to provide status of requests, and manage expectations;
• Function as the primary project manager and assume ultimate accountability for project tasks and actions from sale closing through handoff to Operations and Maintenance
• Where appropriate, work closely with assigned Project Resident to ensure successful client delivery
• Create and maintain project schedules and timeline
• Lead and drive agreed upon processes to ensure successful client and prime interactions, including, but not limited to, issue reporting and escalation.
• Work with and tailor communications on an on-going basis with clients, stakeholders and internal leadership; act as a champion and leader for the HVF team as a whole
• Maintain project/program repository for all project assets and deliverables
• Participate in pre Sales and Capture activities as identified to help grow the services business
• Risk plan created with a streamlined process in place to communicate, proactively resolve issues and create ongoing solutions
• Clear, documented communication path with Prime and/or leadership 1-2x per week to communicate risk, dependence and share updates
• Weekly leadership + stakeholder updates (scorecard)
• Monthly program reviews
• Successful management of project contract, scope, financials, resources, and risk to ensure strong Prime relationship and successful client delivery
• Assume ultimate accountability for overall project including: planning, identifying risk, assigning owners, working to resolution, actively following up, and managing process start to finish.
• Establish yourself as a clear POC for the project and liaison as needed
• Implement a mechanism for invoicing, obtaining client acceptance, and billing, ensuring regular user threshold updates
• Ensure a proactive approach to project - always
• Availability to work on site per client request, long term or ad hoc, as well as work in the Reston, VA office as appropriate
• Has a minimum of ten (10+) years of experience managing IT based projects and teams, that resulted in the successful production deployment of IT solutions that meet customer needs; understanding of storage and data analysis/management solutions a plus
• Has senior level experience in understanding complete IT requirements and systems, and solving complex system problems
• Has a minimum of three (3) years managing staff directly
• Is a self starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, always looking for ways to grow and do things more effectively and efficiently
• Can manage and prepare comprehensive cost and schedule reports in accordance with project requirements
• Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Can effectively and proactively communicate with all stakeholders, including business, IT and management staff at all levels
• Can lead across more than one project at time, effectively handling time, resources,and communications
• Can effectively use Microsoft Office tools (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Access, and SharePoint)
• Has experience with and desire to grow the professional services business, both organically on current projects, as well as supporting new and emerging opportunities
• Has exceptional verbal, written communication, and leadership skills and a command of the English language
• Must be PMP certified
• Must be Scrum Master certified
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• Top Secret Clearance
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.