Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
Hitachi Vantara is seeking to hire an experienced, motivated, and entrepreneurially minded industry consultant and subject matter expert to support enterprise sales in the Manufacturing, Transportation (Rail) and Mining industries in North America.
The role will primarily focus on driving opportunities in the areas of Asset Management and Predictive Maintenance (specifically with Lumada EAM, APM and FSM), as well as IIOT and Industry 4.0. In addition, the role will drive more comprehensive Digital Transformation programs and will leverage broader capabilities available from Hitachi Vantara including Advisory Consulting, Digital Modernization, Digital Insights and Data Management services and solutions.
The successful candidate will leverage a background in both industry and solution domains. Direct experience working in the industry and/or advisory consulting experience to the industry is a must. Experience with Asset Management and Industry 4.0 initiatives is also required, leveraging information systems and insights from data to transform operations and deliver outcomes for businesses in the industry.
The candidate will apply industry, advisory, architectural and interpersonal skills to engage and guide clients on their Digital Transformation journey considering the challenges in today's market, industry trends, corporate objectives and the Hitachi portfolio and vision.
The role will work in partnership with the Hitachi sales teams to drive revenue in software and services focused on delivering value through achieving business outcomes for our clients, and long-term profitable growth for Hitachi.
The role will be based near one of our core North America locations.
• Work collaboratively with Hitachi business units to achieve sales and revenue targets through selling Asset Management, IIoT, Industry 4.0 another solutions and services to named strategic accounts across the Manufacturing, Mining and Transportation Industries.
• Engage with clients as an industry and domain expert and leader in the consultative sales process by leading discovery workshops with clients, defining client value propositions, etc.
• Develop new opportunities by leveraging existing relationships, participation in industry events, supporting sales campaigns and through other means.
• Support solution definition and initial project delivery oversight to ensure we are providing high value solutions that are delivering expected outcomes to our clients.
• Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout Hitachi to help meet company objectives.
• Keep on top of market trends and competitive offerings and provide internal advice and support on the definition, alignment and competitiveness of our solutions and offering.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Direct experience working in Manufacturing, Transportation and Mining Industries and/or advisory consulting experience to the industry.
• In-depth understanding of Asset Management and Predictive Maintenance (specifically with Lumada EAM, APM and FSM), as well as IIOT and Industry 4.0.
• A good communicator with strong presentation and interpersonal attributes, confident and comfortable leading discussions at the plant level as well as the board room.
• Previous experience in advisory roles; practical experience and expertise in moderating workshops and various customer focused engagements.
• Strong collaboration skills working in a team environment and across large and complex organizations.
• Detail-Oriented - Takes pride and initiative in one's work. Is well-organized, meticulous, and takes ownership. Precise and demanding in execution.
• Minimum education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business or similar field (Master's degree preferred).
• Minimum experience: 10+ years related experience with progressively increasing responsibility.
• Will require ~30% travel (post Covid restrictions)
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge