We are a global $5bn technology firm with a portfolio that spans hardware/storage, cloud, big data, analytics, ML/AI and IoT. Our Digital Solutions Business Unit (DSBU) are making a number of investment hires as we grow our industry practices here in EMEA
The EAM Solutions Architect will work as an advisory consultant to our customers in the practices supporting the go to market for our Enterprise Asset Management Solutions across (1) the Hitachi Vantara Lumada (IoT) platform and related services to support data management, data operations, analytics and machine learning, and (2) the Hitachi/ABB Power Grids Digital Enterprise software (Ellipse) and associated services for asset management, operations management and predictive maintenanceThe Role
- You will work with external clients and internal stakeholders to configure, sell and deliver software and services solutions based on our Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) portfolio
- In partnership with account teams, working with our largest customers you will be leading the executive-level engagement to develop a deep understanding of their operational goals, and to configure, sell and deliver solutions that address these goals using Lumada EAM and related technologies and services.
- The role applies architectural, industry and interpersonal skills to engage and guide the customer regarding the challenges in today's market, industry trends, and the Hitachi Vantara and partner Hitachi business unit's portfolio and vision.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Establish new trusted executive and architectural relationships with major enterprise customers in order to support the client's business drivers and long-term strategy
- Develop enterprise-wide view of organization, systems and technology and establish the architectural vision for the opportunity, or account in general
- Lead business architecture design and best practice and develop core architectures that support industry-specific strategies
Work with internal account teams and clients to guide them through requirements analysis, application and/or process design specifications and design workshops
- Assess and interpret client business and IT strategies and roadmaps to determine feasible IT and OT architectural models and create customer Architectural "Blueprints" and future roadmaps for products, solutions, and services
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and build consensus with a dispersed and diverse team of senior executives, business and systems architects and account managers
- Provide input and guidance to Product Management in support of developing products and solutions that are scalable and profitable in the Manufacturing market.
- Minimum education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or similar field (master's degree preferred)
- Deep knowledge of Asset Management principles and best practices, as well as Enterprise Asset Management systems such as Lumada EAM, Ellipse, AssetSuite, Maximo, SAP PM, etc.
- Minimum experience: 15+ years related experience with progressively increasing responsibility.
Will require ~30% travel (post Covid restrictions)
- Well developed industry expertise (esp. utilities, manufacturing, transportation and mining) having a depth of understanding of both IT and business strategy spanning operations, finance, governance and development
- A strategic-thinker with the ability to understand a customer's long-term IT strategy, align it to a complex portfolio of solutions and articulate through storytelling
- Experience in developing Business Models and Value Propositions that describe and quantify the business value of a solution
- Broad and experiential knowledge of relevant solutions and technologies including IIoT, Industry 4.0, AI/ML, Cloud, etc.
- Previous experience in consultancy roles; practical experience and expertise in moderating workshop and various design engagements
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge