Meet the Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What You Will Be Doing
Hitachi Vantara provides secure hyperscale public cloud migrations and infrastructure management services. Hitachi Vantara is an AWS Premier Consulting Partner, Microsoft Azure Silver Partner, and recognized in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Managed Service Providers.
We are seeking strong Site Reliability Engineers to join our talented team. Hitachi Vantara can support the entire cloud services life cycle for enterprise level organizations, delivering some of the world's largest automated solutions for secure, hyperscale, cloud infrastructure migration and management.
Our solutions allow data-driven businesses to unlock the elasticity and price-performance benefits of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and our experts deliver cloud and as-a-service expertise, extensive security DNA, big data, IoT and predictive analytics and machine learning expertise, so you can expect to work with the coolest technologies every day.What You Bring to the Team
- Designing and implementing Virtual Private Cloud VPC environments, including compute, storage, database, networking, security etc. in the AWS ecosystem
• Architect AWS environments including designing VPN solutions between regions and subnets
• AWS AMI architecture including the development of machine templates and blueprints
• Designing HA / DR strategies in the AWS ecosystem
• Leading technical teams through design and implementation of systems infrastructure projects and overseeing the build of Cloud environments based on customer requirements
• Validation to ensure that the environment meets all security and compliance controls
• Leveraging written and verbal communication skills to work directly with customers and translate business needs into technical requirements for implementation
• Working with customer teams to take technical solutions through the approval processes
• Creating knowledge articles and run books for solutions developed
• Mentoring junior members of the team• Working knowledge of Configuration Management (Chef preferred, Puppet or Ansible) Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins preferred)
• Prior experience provisioning and spinning up AWS Clusters
• Hands on Terraform experience
• Possession of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• In depth knowledge of UNIX/Linux and Windows Environment
• End to End configuration - trouble shooting of the web and application servers (Nginx, Apache, Tomcat, IIS)
• Good written and verbal English communication
• Production experience to build scalable systems (load balancers, memcached, master/slave architectures)
• Experience supporting a managed services infrastructure (Public cloud)
• Prior work with Cloud Monitoring tools (Data Dog, Nagios, Cacti, CloudWatch, Gnaglia, etc.)
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc)
• Other Open Source tools used in the infrastructure space (Packer, Terraform, Vagrant, etc.)
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge