#LI-MP94 Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated QUALITY CONTROL SUPERVISOR
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in TITO SCALO (PZ), Italy. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission
: The Quality Control Supervisor is responsible for making sure that products meet the required standards before they are delivered to Hitachi internal production or to external clients, with focus to product and process Quality compliance Accountabilities
- Execute Quality Control activities necessary to verify compliance with Hitachi contractual requirements of products and complex systems,
- Inspect components or products using industry-appropriate methods, such as comparing to standards or Hitachi Technical Specification, measuring dimensions and examining functionality
- Check that the external provider assembly or production line adheres to standards and procedures and complying with legal requirements, proposing improvements to the production process in case of gaps with Quality requirements
- Perform First Articles Inspection (FAI) and Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) in Hitachi factory or at external provider facility.
- Record inspection results by completing reports and issue Quality Notification (QN) in case of non-compliant materials
- Ensure the transmission of non-conformities (QN) to external providers, their tracking and follow-up of the identified corrective actions until the QN's formal closure
- Coordinate the Concession Request in order to get the authorization for use, release or acceptance of nonconforming materials from External Providers when rejected during the inspections.
- Ensure an interface with design team when drawing/design issues are encountered by the external provider
- Support other Hitachi departments for the evaluation of the external providers (e.g. providing QNs data, corrective actions progress reports, etc) and for the preparation of the external provider Quality Audit Programme
- Support the execution of Quality Audits at external provider's premises and the follow up of findings.
- Work directly with external providers to improve continuously the product and process quality.
- Work directly with external providers to create root-cause corrective measure plans mitigating non-conformities.
- Regularly communicate with Hitachi Engineering and Supply Chain departments to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvements.
- Execute SAP transactions where required.
- Monitor material in blocked stock assigned as vendor issues.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Ability to work in a team environment
- 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2-3 years of experience in Quality Control
- Good product auditing experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience on Quality Control standards, methodologies and tools (8D, 5W, FMEA, etc)
- Good knowledge of elettromechanical equipment part of the Railway business.
- Good knowledge of IPC-610 & IPC-620, ISO-9001 (ISO/TS 22163 a plus)
- Good knowledge in the use of SAP is considered a plus
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office
- Good knowledge in reading and understanding technical documents (product specification, drawing, schematic, etc) and manuals to ensure products meet the quality standards.
- Experience in a machine electronics, mechanics shop environment in a technical aspect
- Ability to use common measuring equipment in the above environments
- Good communication skills relaying technical information via verbal or written communication
- Good problem solving skills
- Good documentation and presentation skills .
Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Languages
Good English proficiency. Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/