Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Responsibilities:
• Develop and code models by applying algorithms to large structured as well as unstructured data sets for our more complex projects
• Develop visualization products to share analysis across a large group of business users.
• Design strategies and propose algorithms to analyze and leverage data from existing as well as new data sources.
• Continuously seek out industry best practices and develop skills to create new capabilities for data analytics at clients to improve business decisions.
• Network with business stakeholders to develop a pipeline of data science projects aligned with business strategies.
• Translate complex and ambiguous business problems into project charters clearly identifying technical risks and project scope.
• Participate on cross-disciplinary project team of database specialists, data scientists, and business subject-matter experts to complete project deliverables.
• Good understanding of ML models and applicabilityQualifications:
• Master degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Analytics, Engineering, or any related field.
• Proven professional data science experience, e.g., machine learning, algorithms and statistical modeling, such as classification, time-series analysis, regression.
• Experience in delivering end-to-end machine learning application: data collection, data engineering, data analysis, modeling, evaluation, drawing insights and make recommendations.
• Experience in project management and leading the project development.
• Python coding skills minimum 2 years.
• UNIX / Linux shell scripting skills minimum 1 year.
• Knowledge about how to deploy cloud environments, like AWS.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge