Meet our Team
The Remote Ops Team develops a SAAS solution and software which enable IOT ecosystem monitoring of our products in the field. This solution enables support automation, proactive maintenance and Big Data analysis which feeds into the product development cycle. Software Developers design and develop applications using appropriate languages, tools, and techniques. Software Developers are also responsible for software development, managing multiple frequent releases, and coordinating with other developers and/or development teams.What you'll be doing
You will collaborate cross-functionally to develop and enhance backend support automation tools. You will also be working with the development team to deliver a full stack support experience. In addition, collaborating with the team to maintain technical design and code standards and testing and validation of functionality as required.What you'll bring to the team
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation.
- Design and recommend software solution architectures.
- Develop software applications with a high degree of quality and timeliness.
- Write design specification documents for new projects.
- Using a project scheduling application, determine tasks, assign resources, and manage a project.
- Learn new technologies as required to keep abreast of the latest technologies and apply them as appropriate to software projects.
- A BS degree in Computer Science or similar is required.
- Experience in Java, C, and C++, Angular is required.
- Experience with SQL is required.
- Experience with both the Windows platform and the Linux platform is required.
- Knowledge of C#.
- Experience of other programming languages and associated technologies such as XML.
- Experience with web systems and web service technologies (HTML, CSS, REST, JAX-WS, etc.).
- Knowledge of .NET is a plus.
- Full stack web development experience is a plus.
- Experience with LDAP and Active Directory is a plus.
- The candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience as a Developer or similar.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge