Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Commissioning Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Thessaloniki - Greece. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Project Presentation
HITACHI RAIL STS as part of AIASA partnership, has awarded the contract to delivery to the city of Thessaloniki and fully automated driverless metro system with CBTC signalling technology.
More specifically HITACHI RAIL STS will design, supervise installation, test and commissioning technological systems such as:
- Power Supply system for Traction Power,
- Third Rail;
- CBTC driverless signalling (GoA4);
- SCADA system;
- Platform Screen Door;
- Passenger Vehicle and Service Vehicle;
- Control and Maintenance Centers
- Integration of all Systems (included system provided by other partners such as Station E/M, Building Automations).
HITACHI RAIL STS as strong core System Engineers and expertise, as well has exclusive signalling technologies, already serving passengers and clients in many part of the world.
The Greek Branch of HITACHI is present in Thessaloniki since 2010 and counts already 25 direct employees on the local delivery team.
The Branch manages back-to-back contracts with international contractors delivering the main systems of the project. Mission:
Assist the project principle commissioning manager in his tasks. Main Responsibilities:
With particular reference to the Signalling System but not limited to it.
- Survey tests execution
- Provide structured feedback to the Principal Commissioning Manager in order to allow monitoring and control of progress
- Provide structure feedback to the Principal Commissioning Manager about any deviation from the company and project procedures as far as concerns safety, quality.
- Assisting Principal Commissioning Manager for the handover activities of constructed technologies according to the quality procedures
- Participate in meeting with the internal company stake-holders;
- Assist Principal Commissioning Manager during audit with client/authority/Third Parties.
- Assist Principal Commissioning Manager in the monitor and control of non-conformities raised during the testing phase, according to the quality procedures.
- Assist Principal Commissioning Manager in risk management of test related tasks.
- Assist the Principal Commissioning manager in monitoring the compliance of the HSE rules according to Safety Plans and company procedures
Job requirements Qualifications:
- Bachelor or master degree within relevant technical areas.
Transport, Mechanical, Electric, Electronic background/degree is preferred.
- Excellent English written and spoken skills.
- Good reporting and communication skills.
- Willing to balance field and office activities. Flexibility, resilience and strong organizational skills.
- Possibly 2 years of experience in construction and testing projects.
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background. Associate Degree preferred. Languages:
English Proficiency - Knowledge of Greek and Italian will be considered a plus
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or status.