Meet the Team
The Automation Engineer will evaluate and test different solutions that utilize hypervisors and/or container orchestration systems. The candidate will work with engineering and product management teams closely to develop new testing methodology, perform testing and collaborate with the development team to ensure quality of the products.What you will be doing
What you bring to the team
- Testing, evaluation and implementation of cloud and container solutions that use various hypervisors, cloud platforms, and infrastructure as code frameworks
- Design and perform complex testing in various areas such as container persistent storage, file/block to object storage, and hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Test and measure application, network, and storage performance for potential bottlenecks and identify possible resolution
- Create and document detailed test plans, methodologies, performance briefs, Implementation Guides and other technical documents that detail the configurations, test methodology results and Best Practices.
- Assist cross functional teams in troubleshooting and problem identification
- Develop automated test scripts
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3 years of hands on experience with container management and orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Rancher/K3s, etc.
- 3 years of hands on experience with any one public cloud environment like AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Hands on experience with container technologies such as Docker, LXC/LXD, container, etc.
- 5 years of in-depth knowledge and hands on experience in VMware ESXi, vSphere, vSAN and other virtualization products like Hyper-V, KVM etc.
- Hands on experience with infrastructure as code frameworks such as CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Terraform, etc.
- Hands on experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible and Vagrant
- Competent in Python programming with experience in test automation and interfacing with REST APIs
- Intermediate Operating System skills - Linux - Windows
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as Jenkins, Travis CI, etc. a plus
- Experience with Software Defined Storage and/or Hyper Converged technologies and Solutions (VMware vSAN, Nutanix, Datera, etc.) a plus
- Familiarity with enterprise storage products from Hitachi/IBM/HPE/Dell EMC/NetApp a plus
- Excellent documentation skills in creating test procedures, workflows, diagrams and customer facing white papers
- Excellent internal and external customer skills.
- Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior leadership team
- A team player and fast technology adoption is a must
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $70,000 - $90,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge