Meet our Team
We are an inclusive, highly collaborative organization whose people drive our innovation advantage. Diversity and individuality are welcomed and celebrated and we're looking for like-minded, passionate and driven people to join us. We know that people are our biggest and most important asset so we have worked hard to create a creative culture where you can come to work, be yourself and be successful.
If you'd like to be part of a supportive, successful team who cares about powering social good, developing new revenue streams and improving customer experiences then we'd love to hear from you.
Generous packages of benefits are available including (but not limited to) flexible working, a generous pension and private healthcare.
Find out why data is in our DNA and makes Hitachi one of the Top 100 Global Innovators at hitachivantara.com and follow us at LinkedIn.comWhat You'll Be Doing
Hitachi is seeking an experienced marketing events specialist to join the Americas Field Marketing Demand Center. This position is responsible for the coordination and execution of high-touch, executive-level events hosted by the Americas Regional Field Marketing team for Hitachi Vantara, including but not limited to: third-party virtual - onsite participation, executive briefings, specialty client events, road shows, roundtables, and user group summits, etc. This role will help to lead both the planning, management and execution of these marketing events in conjunction with the key stakeholders in AMER and EMEA regions, where applicable. The role requires experience in all event delivery and a solid understanding of integrated marketing, planning, implementation, and measurement. This is an individual contributor role however, the candidate must be a team player who works collaboratively with cross functional teams to lead and implement impactful, all-encompassing event marketing strategies that align with the business objectives. This role may also support other marketing programs, initiatives and activities, as needed.What You Bring to the Team
• Ability to manage events in the region as required. Be the driving force and point of contact to ensure all events are run at the same caliber.
• Produce reporting on events, following pre-defined processes in Marketo and SFDC, to show all stakeholders the results of the event investments.
• Lead the cross-functional teams before, during, and after events - managing all aspects but also delegating out roles and responsibilities, where required.
• Ability to coordinate multiple events concurrently in different parts of the region, ensuring materials, logistics are prepared in time and that stakeholders have what they need to help make the event a success.
• Strong knowledge and background in working with executive-level, "white glove" events and working with key business stakeholders to plan and execute quality events.
• Strong ability to lead negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies, equipment and signage, and ensure appropriate décor to meet quality and brand expectations. Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
• Conduct research and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
• Prepare any and all necessary materials for event and onsite staff.
• Work with SME's to ensure all communications are produced.
• Work alongside go-to-market leads and campaign specialists to ensure there is an integrated marketing approach to each of our events.
• For larger national events that require physical attendance, work alongside the national/global events teams to attend and assist with the logistics onsite, as needed.
• Follow up with marketing operations and program managers to ensure all leads are put in the system and actioned.
• Travel to events may be be required across the region - including into Canada and possibly within the EMEA region.
It would be great to hear from you if you have the following skills:
• Project Management Skills. Effective project management skills are a must for this position. Hitachi Vantara participates in multiple virtual events, webinars, trade shows, roadshows, summits and other high-touch executive events throughout the year. The person hired for this role will manage and/or assist with all events in the AMER and EMEA regions for a particular business unit, working against tight deadlines, and helping to make key decisions to support the business and sales in meeting their revenue goals.
• Collaborative. Ability to work closely with key internal stakeholders to understand event-related priorities, and respond with options that suit their needs. This requirement will occur from the beginning of an event through execution and follow-up. This means being able to conduct senior level calls; and be able to write clear, focused internal communications.
• Attention to Detail. Managing events requires the coordination of a lot of moving parts. Attention to detail is critical to ensure nothing is missed at any customer- or prospect-facing event.
• Communication. Effectively managing events where you often have multiple stakeholders, deadlines, and concurrent tactics at one time requires advanced communication skills. Ability to communicate with efficiency and professionalism is required for this role.
• Proven planning skills. The successful candidate is capable of planning for events months in advance. They have a clear understanding of deadlines, and work efficiently with the team to successfully prepare for them.
• Results Driven. Effectively managing events is not just about the execution of an event but also about the goals and objectives that are set for each event and making sure that we align our strategies and participation in a way that helps us achieve these goals. This role requires an event marketer that not only knows how to set clear strategies to help us meet our event goals but also works with the correct stakeholders to ensure that proper follow up and reporting is attained after the event and into the future.
Other Skills - Experience Requirements
• 5+ years of experience in Event Marketing roles.
• Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
• Proficient using the Web to conduct research, event administration and procurement as well as with the latest versions of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Self directed, self motivated, self starter - this person is a 'go getter'
• Knowledge of SalesForce or similar sales CRM system is a strong plus
• Understanding of marketing programs, working within a marketing team, and experience with field marketing is a plus.
• Language: Primarily English
This position can be 100% remote. Travel required.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge