Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.What You Will Be Doing
The Level 2 Support Technician is a critical member of a highly skilled global team working closely with Support Personnel, sustaining Engineering, and customers. As a member of the elevated support team Level 2 specialist is faced with the most challenging issues and is expected to provide technical guidance and resolutions to internal teams and customers implementing and maintaining Hitachi Vantara Digital Intelligence products.
What You Will Bring To The Team
- The Level 2 support primary role is to solve customer issues related to Hitachi Vantara's Digitial Intelligence (DI) products which includes: Hitachi Content Platform (HCP), Hitachi Content Platform S Series (HCP-S), Hitachi Content Platform Anywhere (HCP-AW), Hitachi Content Platform Cloud Scale (HCP-CS), Hitachi Content Intelligence (HCI), Hitachi Content Platform Gateway (HCP-Gateway) and Hitachi Data Ingestor (HDI).
- Own support cases, review and create action plans, receive escalations from L1 team and provide technical coaching to team members.- Serves as the technical lead during customer engagements and internal discussions, providing solutions and addressing questions.
- Contributes to Technical Knowledge Base by creating tech tips, product alerts and other content for the Hitachi Vantara Customer Portal and internal Knowledge Base.
- Escalates/Collaborates with L3 Team Sustaining Engineering as needed.
- Keeps technical skills up to date through self-study and provided trainings.
- Able to perform shift work to include nights, weekends, public holidays, and on-call standby. Shift rotations may require adjusting, based on primary needs of the Hitachi Vantara customer base.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively with customers, internal teams, and management.
- Strong understanding of protocols (S3/REST/HTTP, CIFS, NFS, TCP, DNS), networking (TCP/IP, SAN switches, Ethernet switches, Load balancers), database design, SQL queries (PostgreSQL as well as MySQL) and containerization/virtualization technologies.
- Experience with systems administration (Linux and Windows) and Active directory.
- Experience with scripting (bash, awk, sed, regex, etc.), computer languages (Java, python, etc.) a plus.
- The candidate will have an aptitude for providing positive customer service and good communication, problem solving and technical writing skills.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years technical support experience.
- Ability to mentor and lead technical development of peers.
- Strong organizational skills and collaborative.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge