Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
The Global Education Services Director is part of the Global Learning leadership team. This role will be the focal point of accountability ensuring that Hitachi Vantara customers and partners will receive training at high quality standards creating product adoption, business expansion and renewal. This role will keep financial responsibility for the Education Services P-L.
As the Global Director of Education Services, this role has the main responsibilities to create and keep Customer and Partner Adoption programs through Education. Primary functions include inspiration and management of a team of subject matter/portfolio experts, Education Consultants, and people managers.
Working together with the Content Development team and operations team, this position is responsible for creating and managing Education Services offerings to attain revenue and training consumption goals.What You Will Be Doing
This position is responsible for managing business through forecasting, account strategy, and planning. Development solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the Education offerings for Customers, Partners and Employees. Participate in the development, presentation and sales of an education value proposition. Identify and develop strategic alignment with key sales influencers and stakeholders.
• Participate in sales campaigns to showcase Global Learning Education Services portfolio and methodologies
• Develop and maintain partnership with sales and services organization
• Accountable for managing scope, level of effort, costs and organization of delivery
• Develop strategic learning paths to ensure highest customer enablement
• Provide technical and collateral support and direction for proposals in sales campaigns
• Manage and promote external and internal training attendance
• Identify needs from the field to improve training development process
• Create and communicate the Education Services offerings for the Hitachi Vantara community - Customer, Partners and Employees
• Create Customer Adoption/Enablement programs, Expand and Renewals
• Work with the sales leadership and organization in the Customer life cycle to drive Customer adoption, supporting the expansion of the solutions and contract renewals
• Accountable for the quality of trainings
Business Management (P-L)
• Create strategic plans to improve Global Learning Education Services capabilities and revenue generation
• Create Education Services Offerings and campaigns to reach the financial results
• Develop, manage, and report on metrics on a regularly scheduled basis
• Provide revenue forecasting
• Achieves assigned revenue, margin and consumption targets
• Revenue Forecasting accuracy
• Achieves strategic customer satisfaction objectives defined by Hitachi management
• Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frames
• Measured against on-time and on-budget delivery metricsWhat You Will Bring To The Team
• At least 3+ years of management experience
• At least 10+ years of experience within a learning, education services, professional services, pre-sales, or IT consulting services provider organizations
• College degree or equivalent work experience
• Proven evangelist ability to motivate account teams into action and generate results
• Intellectually curious and capable of quickly learning new solutions, technologies and understanding value delivered to various buyers
• Proven networking skills and the ability to quickly establish credibility and create confidence with partners, customers and colleagues
• Hands-on regional leader who exhibits a strong work ethic and collaborative management style by delving deeply into details to achieve wins
• Demonstrate strong presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a cross matrixed organization influencing non reporting teams to achieve outcomes.
• Knowledge of Hitachi Vantara and 3rd party technologies
• Experience in writing detailed business/functional specifications documents
• Proven ability to exercise good judgment and make sound business decisions with sparse data
• Demonstrated ability to gain consensus in a diverse environment
• Exercise strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate an ability to work in unstructured environments and situations providing self-direction and self-motivation
• Demonstrated ability to interact with customers at all levels
• Demonstrated ability of working with sales teams to accomplish goals of developing, promoting, and selling education services
• Must have a proven track record of revenue attainment within an education services organization.
• Assertive, driven and flexible team player willing to do what it takes to support the success of Hitachi VantaraOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge