Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the around the globe? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Contracts Manager based in Glasgow on a permanent basis.
The Commercial Contracts Manager will be responsible for leading the development of the commercial strategy, working closely with the Project delivery team, in the execution of all Hitachi Rail obligations in regards to Manufacturing & Services Agreements. This role will act as key client interface on behalf of the UK Projects team.
A key element of the role will also be identifying ways for profitability opportunity through strategic commercial management both with the customer, JV partners & supply chain partners.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Represent Hitachi Rail in all matters related to the execution of the allocated supply and service contracts, with all Hitachi Rail and external stakeholders.
- Management of existing contracts, providing counsel to the project team, whilst maintaining a continuous knowledge of project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project.
- Active identification and management of all nature of risks at project level in real-time.
- Active management of all nature of changes at project level, proposing and drafting change orders/variation orders.
- Provide counsel to Project delivery team for any claims that may arise from customer, JV partners or supply chain partners claim (e.g. identifying and applying any preventive/corrective action).
- Management and escalation of key issues affecting project execution.
- Support to the implementation and deployment of required process and procedures in accordance with direction from the Project Management Office.
- Ensure contractual records and documentation are maintained in a timely manner (including contract correspondence, contractual changes, Bonds, Parent company guarantees)
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support delivery of contractual obligations.
- Provide input into new bids; commercial.
- Coach, develop and mentor junior members of the projects department.
- Empowering and inspiring others to deliver successful projects.
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
- Promoting the wider public good in all actions, acting in a morally, legally and socially appropriate manner in dealings with all stakeholders and members of project and programme teams and the organisation.
- Identifying and monitoring commercial project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect the programme.
- Establishing, and implementing where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects and updating configuration documents as required.
- Agreeing contracts for the provision of goods and/or services, monitoring compliance and managing variances.
- Preparing and maintaining definitions of requirements of programmes.
- Determining the best means of satisfying Commercial Project requirements.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience of contracts and contracts management.
- A good level of understanding of contract and commercial law.
- A working knowledge of commercial contracts of various structures.
- Sound understanding of drafting of contractual terms & conditions.
- Has worked in multi-functional teams across all programme phases.
- Experience of managing budgets and costs.
- Sound commercial acumen.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Can represent / interact across all levels of the business.
- Demonstrable experience of interfacing with customers, stakeholders and sub suppliers at all levels.
- The ability to work on own initiative, setting clear targets and deliverables.
- A self-starter willing to take responsibility for delivery of goals and objectives.
- Proven performance of contract management.
- Familiar and comfortable in working in a project/function matrix organisation.
- Strong client liaison skills.
- Experience of developing and executing commercial strategy managing within Joint Ventures
- Good knowledge of SAP or equivalent MRP system.
- Experience of managing whole programme cycle of rolling stock and/or signalling and Turnkey’ design, manufacturing, service introduction and maintenance.
- International management experience.
- Knowledge of bid evaluation using whole life cycle cost model.
- Good overall knowledge of the process of Introduction of trains and related products onto the UK Network.
- Knowledge of the needs of the Operators and Infrastructure owners in the UK.
- Knowledge of the UK and European Approvals and regulatory processes is advantageous.
- Post graduate qualifications in construction law or commercial management (e.g. IACCM) or equivalent demonstrable experience (including contract administration & tender evaluation)
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!