Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.
47Lining, a part of Hitachi Vantara is an AWS Premier Consulting Partner with Big Data and Machine Learning Competency designations. We develop big data solutions and deliver big data managed services built from underlying AWS building blocks like Amazon Redshift, Kinesis, S3, DynamoDB, Machine Learning and Elastic MapReduce. We help customers build, operate and manage breathtaking "Data Machines" for their data-driven businesses. We architect solutions that address traditional data warehousing, Internet-of-Things analytics back-ends, predictive analytics and machine learning to open up new business opportunities. Our experience spans use cases in multiple industries including industrial, manufacturing, oil - gas, energy, life sciences, gaming, retail analytics, financial services and media - entertainment.The Role
We are seeking Principal Consultants to lead and manage industrial process optimization engagements. Engagements focus on optimization of customer industrial processes through application of IoT, edge computing and backhaul, cloud-native data lake, agile analytics, and data ops in Amazon Web Services. The ideal contributor will have a strong hands-on engineering background coupled with professional services delivery experience and a track record for partnering closely with customer teams to deliver successful engagements on-time and in-budget.
- Vision to partner with customers on roadmap and liaise with sales and delivery teams to distill customer needs to actionable proposals and statements of work
- Ability to identify and articulate sources of customer value from data - advanced analytics. Ability to create roadmaps and decompose phases and steps to realize value.
- Strong complex process, workflow, and business system requirements capture, decomposition, solutions integration, and cross-team management capabilities.
- Ability to write high-level agile stories based on customer needs and break them down into actionable technical tasks for contributors
- Experience managing and supporting technical contributors
- Ability to work closely with customer teams and communicate effectively about scope, schedule, resources trade-offs
- Experience creating deliverables that articulate business value of technical work
- Strong background in commercial-grade software development with Java, Python, SQL
- Hands-on experience developing advanced analytics in SQL, R, Spark or similar tools
- Experience with AWS architectures, development, and deployment. AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional desired. AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate required.
- Strong experience with middle-tier web services systems decomposition, definition, and development (REST APIs)
- Ability to work across all layers of an application, from back-end databases through UI
- Proficient with SQL databases and knowledge of standard methodologies
- Experience with enterprise-scale data warehouse technologies (Teradata, Oracle, SQL Data Warehouse, Vertica, Redshift)
- Good working knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Experience managing applications in AWS and familiarity with core services including EC2, S3, RDS, etc.
- Experience with deployment automation tools like Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- Exposure to networking - load balancing solutions
- Ability to work with development teams to deliver high-quality
- Agile / Scrum development methodology
- Technical system decomposition, architecture, design, and specification
- Excellent documentation habits
- Work closely with customers to ensure successful delivery
- Manage matrixed engineering resources allocated to engagement delivery teams
- Contribute to and manage technical delivery:
- Front End Application Development (Application Views - Controller)
- REST API design and development
- Domain Entity and Behavior Modeling, Design, and Implementation
- 3rd-party application, service and data integration
- Data Management, Mapping, Translation - Persistence
- Large-scale Data Management - Workflow
- Analytic development and automation
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.