Meet The Team
The Hitachi Vantara Converged Solutions Engineering team is looking for a senior solutions architect who will deliver data center converged - integrated compute, storage, and networking - infrastructure solutions that address the challenges and inefficiencies of the traditional data center in enterprise accounts. The candidate will be responsible for architect, design, implement, test, automate and documentation of Container and Virtualization solution integrations built on Hitachi Unified Compute Platform. The candidate will develop as well as provide ongoing recommendations and best practices to customers from both technical and operational perspectives. What You Will Be Doing
Solution engineer will be responsible for architect, design, implement, test, automate and document of value-added Container and Virtualization solution integrations built on Hitachi Unified Compute Platform. The candidate will develop as well as provide ongoing recommendations and best practices to customers from both technical and operational perspectives. This will help our customers see the value of integrating our products into a comprehensive solution to solve their challenges and drive increased product adoption What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Research, design, implement, test, troubleshoot, automate and document architectures for virtualized and container solutions on Hitachi Unified Converged Platform
- Optimization and automation of container solutions running on Hitachi Unified Converged Platform infrastructure to improve manageability within the cloud environment
- Develop and deliver test plans, lab reports, best practices, technical presentations, analyst briefings, and white papers to address various areas of Hitachi Vantara Converged solutions.
- Be the technical focal point for solution segment(s) that you are assigned
- Work with Engineering and partners (if appropriate) to properly set test (and performance) goals. After agreement, develop, review and execute test plan. Debug issues as they come up. Testing can be done with the Hitachi Vantara lab environment or an outside lab if appropriate
- Support, assist, and consult with all levels of Hitachi Vantara, including Account Executives, Product Management, Product Marketing, Product Support, VP, etc, through delivery of technical presentations and reports.
- Responsible for ongoing recommendations and best practices for Hitachi UCP Converged and Hyper-Converged solutions around business continuity, high availability, backup, recovery and archiving.
- Responsible for ongoing management of configuration and layout of UCP solution infrastructure.
- Excellent knowledge in enterprise virtualization solutions using VMware vSphere. VMware Certified Engineer preferred.
- Good storage knowledge in RAID, disk-subsystem, file system, snapshot, replication, and deduplication
- Excellent knowledge in networking and storage protocols: Fibre Channel, NVMeOF, TCP/IP, CIFS, NFS, Storage Area Network
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator is preferred.
- Hands on experience designing and implementing solutions on container management platforms such as Red Hat OpenShift, VMware Tanzu/PKS, and Google Cloud Platform/GKE.
- Experience with on-premise deployment of vanilla Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, or VMware Tanzu/TKG.
- Experience implementing load-balancers, custom operators, and resources into an on-premises Kubernetes environment.
- Experience using persistent volumes and vendor-specific container storage interface drivers in a Kubernetes environment.
- Software development experience in design, coding, unit testing and system testing of integration solutions or software appliances.
- Experience with Python, UNIX shell scripting and IT automation/orchestration technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Terraform etc.
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Experience coding to product API is a plus
- Performance tuning and benchmarking is a plus
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge