Meet our Team
The Indirect Procurement team is responsible for the sourcing and procurement of all Goods and Services for the enablement of the business to be consumed internally or used to support customer engagements for the development of new products - solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally with the business to ensure the success of our internal and external customers. With a focus on ensuring we deliver value to the business on a consistent and sustainable basis.What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Sourcing EMEA, you will be responsible for the strategic sourcing of Professional Services - HR categories for the EMEA region. Additionally, there will also be some exposure to global category projects.
What you bring to the team
- As an individual contributor, you'll serve as a trusted business advisor to stakeholders, providing best-in-class consulting from a sourcing and external benchmark/industry perspective.
- Develop robust competitive bids with stakeholder collaboration and perform the analysis required to select suppliers and solutions.
- Use data analytics, industry benchmarking and strategic sourcing methodologies to provide guidance in the development and execution of sourcing and category strategies, contributing to improved profits and cash flows.
- Manage the development and execution of sourcing projects and initiatives ensuring alignment with the overall priorities and objectives of Hitachi Vantara as well as the specific business function.
- Review contractual terms and conditions, negotiate and draft language to reflect favorable terms and mitigate risk.
- Develop and maintain a best in class global preferred supply base for respective area of responsibility.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers on a variety of contracts, to ensure maximum value and minimum risk to Hitachi Vantara.
- Lead or assist with the development of process documentation associated with key process. improvement leveraging diverse ideas and expertise for category progression.
- Able to navigate a fast-paced multi-national environment with personnel from all over the many regions and will seek to foster excellent working relationships.
- Must be well organized, confident in navigating demands from stakeholders, a natural self-starter with a willingness to learn and embrace new methodologies, whilst employing excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge