Job ID: R0004199
Date Posted: Oct 13, 2021
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Sr. Solution Designer
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: R&D/Design Lab
Location: Santa Clara, CA/Remote
Role Overview for job description:
Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) is looking for a Sr. Solution Designer to lead solution design activities in a B2B context from our office in Santa Clara, California. Solutions that Hitachi’s design teams provide to their clients (both internal and external) include, but are not limited to, digital solutions that resolve clients’ problems, organizational alignments and strategies, and new business architecture.
Responsibilities of a Hitachi Solution Designer include, but are not limited to, identifying solution opportunities, clarifying and defining client projects, investigating requirements with social science researchers, and exploring and documenting project artifacts such as personas, scenarios, stakeholder maps, experience maps, and design concept models. The successful candidate will contribute to further enhance Hitachi’s solution design capabilities through keeping up with design field trends, iterating upon applying and improving tools and methods for conducting customer-centered projects, and creating plans and executing feasible enhancement efforts. The candidate may also be involved in creating future visions for clients. As a member of the team, the solution designer is expected to integrate well into the interdisciplinary working structure of Hitachi’s R&D.
Skills & Experience
• Master’s degree or higher in design related field.
• Minimum of five years of professional experience as a Designer.
• At least two years of professional experience with systems/business/solution design a huge plus.
• Experience in the fields of healthcare, energy, transportation, mining, construction, IT, telecom, oil & gas, manufacturing or finance is a plus.
• Experience working with social scientists is highly desirable.
• Experience working with a multi-disciplinary project team is essential.
• Understanding of the role of technology in solutions.
• Understanding of societal trends and their implications.
• Experience analyzing user research results and their implications for design.
• A very good understanding of human-centered design and related principles and methodologies.
• A sound awareness of a project’s business requirements and an understanding of context-specific constraints.
• Capable of understanding complex customer/stakeholder requirements, and producing compelling deliverables that reflect an understanding of the specific needs.
• Creativity in solving problems.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent story teller.
• Strong visualization skills.
• Project management skills.
• Ability to travel frequently.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.