Field Service Technician
Company: Hitachi Industrial Equipment Marking Solutions Inc. (HIESA)
Territory: WI, IL & IN
Location: Remote with frequent visits to Elk Grove Village, IL office
Status: Regular Full-Time
- Start up and installation of industrial printing systems which include thermal ink jet printers, small and large character printers, CIJ printers, laser printers and labeling equipment.
- Perform repairs and maintenance on equipment at customer sites.
- Provide customer training on the use and maintenance of equipment during installations and as requested by customers.
- Perform trials/demos with equipment at customer sites.
- Document service calls and installations when completed by filling out service reports.
- Provide technical support to customers by phone, email or on-site visits.
- Follow up on installations and trials/demos.
- Occasional preparation of trade shows/exhibitions.
- Report daily to the service manager on the progress or status of demos, trials, installations
- and service calls. Check in before leaving a site and/ or when arriving to the office.
- Work with Sales, Service and Management to grow business.
- Be willing to learn new equipment/ processes, by attending training and/ or participating in educational opportunities. Training might require some travel within the United States.
- Be willing to travel and support the product line where needed. Some travel to other regions will be required (e.g., Nevada, Arizona and Northern/Southern California).
- Provide support to our customers during normal working hours, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm After hours and weekend will occasionally be necessary.
- AS degree in electronics or equivalent is required.
- Field Service experience, preferably with industrial CIJ printers, case coders, labeling equipment and laser printers.
- General knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of computers (e.g., Word and Excel).
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
- Must be willing to travel when necessary.
- Can carry 60 lbs. of equipment with no issues.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.