Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara's award-winning legal and compliance team is a group of friendly, pragmatic and business-focussed lawyers, contract managers and compliance specialists located worldwide. The team provides the full range of legal services including M-A work, trade compliance, data privacy, anti-trust and commercial contract support. The team acts as one on a global basis and has a strong relationship with our business colleagues and other functions within the company. We are passionate about always finding answers to any problem whilst always ensuring that the company conducts business in the right way.What you'll be doing
We are seeking a fully qualified lawyer (3-8 years PQE) who is fluent in both English and German to join our EMEA legal team.
The successful candidate will support our senior lawyers working on customer deals in the English and German language in the EMEA region. There is also the possibility of assisting on M-A transactions on a global basis. Ideally, we would like a lawyer with experience of working on technology transactions (in private practice or in-house) but we are particularly keen to find candidates who are passionate about technology, Cloud, big data, analytics and new emerging technologies such as the Internet of Things.
We are flexible with location so the successful candidate could really be based anywhere in Europe where we have an office but our preference would be in the following order: (1) Frankfurt or Dusseldorf in Germany; (2) London, UK; (3) Dublin, Ireland; (4) Krakow, Poland. Responsibilities
What you bring to the team
- Providing legal support on a broad range of matters relating to our German, Austrian and Swiss business in EMEA Central and our UK and Ireland, Nordic and African business in EMEA Northern.
- Providing legal assistance to the wider EMEA legal team on transactions and projects from time to time.
- Supporting the EMEA General Counsel on M-A matters primarily in the US but also on a global basis.
- Becoming a trusted and integrated part of the EMEA legal team and the wider global legal team.
- Fully qualified lawyer (3-8 years post qualified experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English.
- Very good knowledge of commercial contract law in the area of technology (hardware, software, services including consulting services).
- Solid experience (gained from private practice or in-house) in drafting, negotiating and vetting commercial contracts that address complex/difficult issues, e.g. managed services and cloud contracts, general IT contracting, distribution and other partner contracts and product leasing.
- An understanding of software licensing/technology transfer and working knowledge of European intellectual property and competition laws.
- Some exposure to international trade aspects of product and services distribution (e.g. export compliance) SOX and anti-bribery/corruption laws (e.g. FCPA).
- Ability to successfully manage several projects with simultaneous deadlines and to manage workload prioritization effectively.
- An understanding of the implications of legal judgments on our business objectives and the trade-offs between business requirements and risk.
- An ability to work collaboratively with legal and business colleagues, customers and vendors.
- To be able to display analytical reasoning, creativity, conceptual ability, critical thinking and judgment.
- An ability to summarize issues succinctly and be flexible and pragmatic with advice. - always looking for a solution to a problem
- To be intellectually curious.
- A self-starter, able work independently and with a good degree of initiative.
- A desire to have an understanding of, and to be passionate about, Hitachi Vantara's products, services and business.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge