Job ID: R0004345
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2021
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Management
Job Schedule: Full time
Company: Hitachi Astemo Electric Motor Systems America, Inc.
Division: Production, Warehouse, Quality
Location: Berea, KY
Status: Regular, Full-Time (Hourly)
Summary: This position is responsible for supporting the design and development processes by providing customer quality assurance support for assigned product programs. Position provides a wide range of quality engineering and technical customer service functions in connection with coordination of quality management systems for company products. This position exercises independent judgment routinely and operates within established guidelines.
Essential Functions: Includes the following (other duties may be documented and assigned by local management and some duties may not apply dependent upon the requirements of the position at USMS and/or the strengths of the employee and the needs of the company):
• Support corporate objectives and quality assurance goals and objectives for future development, growth and improvement of the company overall.
• Support new product development through interaction with product development teams in design and development phases communicating customer concerns.
• Support the development and implementation of quality assurance and quality management strategies and policies supporting the mission and expectations.
• Participate in quality reviews and to ensure compliance with all quality procedures, and make certain that all relevant data is communicated with all appropriate sites.
• Coordinate quality activities of designated projects to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished within a prescribed time frame and within the department's funding parameters.
• Support quality assurance program initiatives in identifying product development opportunities, new business potential, and contract development related to department and company goals and objectives.
• Interpret customer requirement documents and apply to products being developed.
• Report to senior management the performance of lab quality management systems and audit status.
• Apply knowledge of quality processes and verification methods in automotive component, sub•system and system level products to customer satisfaction activities.
• Provide data to support product compliance with customer or internal specifications and applicable quality standards.
• Lead problem solving activities and represent the company with the assigned customers, to ensure satisfaction with product function and reliability.
• Track and report customer satisfaction status for product programs, reviewing regularly and report feedback to supervisor and/or department management.
• Work alongside other program staff (engineering, manufacturing, sales, and test) as well as with customer engineers to accomplish and help ensure set goals are met, schedules are maintained and problems encountered are satisfactorily resolved.
• Travel to customer locations supporting customer satisfaction with product development throughout for product reviews, testing, and change updates with regular travel with customer to company manufacturing facilities (domestic and international).
• Ensure legal compliance in all quality assurance activities.
• May be required to serve as a liaison between the design teams, customers and QA management.
• Support all business objectives of the company by aligning Quality Assurance activities with the organizational goals and objectives.
• Consistently use exceptional customer service skills and work with all levels of staff and maintain strict confidentiality of information.
• Maintain a safe workplace and follow all regulations and requirements related to safety and environmental compliance.
• Follow all quality policy standards. Qualifications:
Requirements: Be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily; be able to perform duties utilizing current company software applications; have excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills; perform duties in an ethical and professional manner; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering and/or 7 years’ work experience. Have thorough knowledge of AIAG core tools (FMEA, PPAP, control Plans, etc.).
Experience: Minimum 3 years prior related experience in automotive manufacturing environment.
*Job level determined by various factors such as organization size, responsibility, career stage, and capabilities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: May be required to supervise the duties of others to perform the job responsibilities as designated by area/department management.
Working Conditions: Physical Demands: Required to sit or stand for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Have ability to work 40-60 hours per week.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.