This job posting is no longer active.
New South Wales,
Job ID: JQ96D_1632707702
Date Posted: Oct 27, 2021
Segment: Construction Machinery
Business Unit: Hitachi Construction Machinery
Company Name: Hitachi Construction Machinery (Australia) Pty Ltd
Profession (Job Category): Sales, Marketing & Product Management
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Hitachi Construction Machinery Australia (HCA) is a global brand providing a variety of machinery for the Construction and Mining industries.
We are currently looking for an experienced and professional Key Account Manager to join our Mining team based out of the HCA Muswellbrook branch in the Hunter Valley, NSW. The main focus of this role is to identify and maximize our Mining business development and sales opportunities for new mining equipment.
Reporting to the Eastern Region Mining Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Demonstrating a safety first culture based on personal independent responsibility for each other.
- Using your compassionate interpersonal skills to guide business strategies within a defined customer territory.
- Contributing to the overall performance of the region and towards the goals of the broader business.
- Working collaboratively with internal stake holders, providing technical expertise to the region to support delivery of high level customer service and the acquisition and maintenance of profitable customer accounts.
- Reporting on marketing and sales opportunities & competitor activity.
- Collaborating with all internal and external stake holders for the successful commercial delivery of mining equipment from initial customer engagement, most likely in the form of tenders, through to order allocation from the factory in Japan, shipping, domestic transport, assembly and commissioning of equipment on site safely and on time.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar Business Development/Marketing Sales role within the mining or mining services industry.
- Demonstrated success in selling high end solutions within a mining and industrial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct high level commercial negotiations and build long term warm customer relationships.
- An ideal candidate would have a technical background with desired tertiary qualifications in mining, mechanical or electrical engineering, marketing or business.
- To be open to traveling to regional mining sites and demonstrated ability to working independently in remote locations as opportunities arise.
- To be enthusiastic and motivated to achieve team and company targets.
Hitachi offers many salary and non-salary benefits, of which include;
- A competitive professional salary package based on expertise and experience.
- A diversified culture focused on recognition of effort and reward for achievement.
- Flexible working arrangements suitable to a career minded professional looking for a long term solution to balance personal role reward, mental challenge and the satisfaction that comes with joining a large multinational business such as Hitachi Limited.
- Joining an organisation that has set all employees and especially its leaders of which this role is one, the challenge of combating the global concerns of Rapid Urbanization, Ageing Population, Climate Change and Global Resource Shortages.
- An advanced Employee Assistance Program offering to support the mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing of you and your family.
- Long term career paths within Hitachi's Australian and International Mining business where we clearly understand the Vision Hitachi established over 100 years ago of developing superior innovative technologies for the benefit of society whilst living the company values of Harmony, Sincerity with a Pioneering Spirit.
HCA recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce for its employees and customers. To ensure equity of access to employment opportunities, HCA encourages applications from underrepresented groups including people from different ages, abilities, gender identities and cultural backgrounds.