Meet our team
We are recruiting an IT and DevOps Engineer to work as part of the software development team in Hitachi Vantara Engineering. We are responsible for designing, developing and testing the Hitachi NAS Platform product (https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/products/storage/network-attached-storage-platform.html).
We are responsible for managing and developing the IT infrastructure and software tools that the Engineering team relies on to develop our NAS platform code. We also maintain and support the agile process management and defect tracking systems used by the Engineering team, and the integration between sourced and internally developed tools which are used by engineering and the customer support team to enable us to handle resolution of customer issues. We work closely with the wider corporate IT function and with engineers to ensure that the environment we rely on runs effectively and securely.What you will be doing
What you bring to the team
- Leveraging your passion for problem solving and improving engineering deliverables
- Ensuring the smooth and secure running of Engineering's IT infrastructure and development environment
- Liaising with teams and departments outside of Engineering (E.g. Corporate IT) in order to ensure the smooth operation of our tools and infrastructure
- Developing and/or sourcing internal applications used by both the engineering and customer support teams to diagnose and resolve customer escalations
- Helping to guide and develop the processes by which the Engineering team produces software builds
Able to demonstrate an understanding of implementation of technologies including networking, firewall and VPN management, and experience of administration of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Strong administrative experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Strong TCP/IP networking experience along with enterprise grade VPNs and firewalling
- Thorough experience in scripting languages such as Python and Ruby
- Understanding of IT security best practices
- Strong knowledge gained from using Agile process management and defect tracking tools/systems such as JIRA
- Knowledge of containerisation, Kubernetes, Docker etc
- Understanding of source control systems and continuous build development environments, and the software development lifecycle
- Excellent attention to detail and adaptability to change and openness to new ideas
- A driven, self-starter with a strong work ethic, an inquisitive mind and love of learning
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect; Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity; Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge.