Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Seeking to build strong relationships and trust with new and existing customers across industry sectors such as retail, finance, manufacturing and public sector.
Articulating our industry leading solutions, which include Data Centre/Storage, Cloud, Big Data, Advanced Analytics and IoT, to enable your customers to realise the highest levels of successCommVault Engineer
• The L2-L3 Data Protection Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day support of the data protection environment for the assigned customer account(s).
• Monitor the data protection environment following established guidelines.
• Perform health checks of the data protection application and infrastructure environments.
• Perform data protection incident troubleshooting and mitigation actions.
• Open and manage 3rd-party support tickets for end-to-end data protection incident management.
• Coordinate work with 3rd party vendors and Hitachi Vantara support teams.
• Execute data protection restores for assigned customer accounts.
• Handle data protection configuration changes under established guidelines.
• Implement change requests following ITIL best practices.
• Monitor incident and service request ticket queues and work on assigned tickets.
• Provide daily, weekly and monthly operations metrics/reports to the Service Delivery Manager.
• Execute and deliver reports to Hitachi and to approved representatives for the assigned account(s).
• Create and modify support documentation for the data protection environment following established guidelines.
• Follow the established policies, procedures and practices defined by HitachiVantara.
• Identify and provide suggestions on continuous improvement initiatives within the assigned account(s).
• At least 5 years of IT support / administrative experience.
• At least 3 years of experience with commercial data protection application/infrastructure environments: CommVault or Netbackup
• Working knowledge of data protection best practices
• Administrative knowledge of storage systems, SAN, network systems, computing systems and virtualized environments.
• Basic administrative knowledge on data protection infrastructure including VTL, tape libraries, backup appliances
• Basic administrative knowledge of operating systems and database systems
• Working knowledge of commercial service management tools for incident, problem and change.
• Basic understanding of ITIL process (Change, Incident and Problem Management).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge