Meet our Team
We have an opportunity for a DevOps Engineer/Consultant to join our Technology Solutions practice, as part of our Nearshore Delivery Centre in Lisbon. We work with clients across many industry sectors. You will be working as part of an Agile project delivery team, with the latest technologies, on high profile client engagements helping to deliver and maintain complex solutions.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the role
- Leveraging your experience in defining the CI/CD pipeline/automation of enterprise applications using Azure cloud, Docker, K8, Terraform etc.
- Conducting requirements analysis, balancing different requirements and making technical trade off decisions at application level (e.g. component design)
- Leading exciting end-to-end projects complexity and ensuring Service Level Agreements are successfully delivered
- Using your expertise to provide input into re-engineering and design
- Acting as a subject matter expert for focus areas across the technology space and establishing coding standards for the team to ensure high code quality
- Actively seeking to know the latest tools and technologies within or outside the company, learning and helping to implement new industry standards related to products, people, and processes
- Identifying inefficiencies in processes and helping the team to improve them to maximize performance
- Collaborating with different stakeholders to manage project milestones, short- and long-term planning etc.
- Managing and controlling resource cloud consumption
- Helping to identify dependencies, risks, and bottlenecks in the projects and working proactively with the Development team to resolve them
- Full life-cycle project experience of agile software development
- Hands on experience of Azure cloud based development and hands-on experience with DevOps techniques, building continuous integration solutions using, Docker, GitLab
- Strong understanding of Network protocols (IP) and Microsoft operating systems
- A passion for technology and a wish to improve and innovate using the latest technologies
- Problem-solving skills including knowledge of data structure and algorithms
- Enjoys collaborating within engineering and beyond
- Experience in configuration management tools, such as Ansible or Octopus
- Hands-on experience in at least one programming language, such as Scala, Python, Golang and Java etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes and other container management solutions
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge