Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for the Head of Labour Relations
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will play a strategic role in our HR Team.
The position is based in South West Germany.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Purpose of the role:
Working as a critical part of the HR team, the head of labour relations will work closely with the HR team and business management to ensure robust labour relations policies and processes and progressive industrial relations are managed and maintained. Description of the role: Labour relations specialist responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Other general responsibilities:
- Act as the Coordinator for the European Rail labor relation strategy in alignment with Hitachi Rail global guidelines and policies
- Lead for the German industrial relations strategy in accordance with global business and HR strategy
- Maintain and regularly review collective bargaining agreements with IG Metall across all represented locations and ensure the coordination with HR and management teams in order to ensure the proper implementation of all relevant agreements
- Leading on any collective consultations and negotiations within Germany and the other areas where requested, providing expert advice to management and other stakeholders
- Ensure local policies are fit for purpose, aligned to business needs, compliant with statutory and legislative requirements and in alignment with global HR policies and processes
- Provide the lead on any conciliatory or tribunal processes in ensuring relevant stakeholders are engaged whilst minimising business and reputational risk
- Lead on Union and consultative committee communications and any formal processes such as dispute proceedings
- Support & Coordinate Labor Relations for all Rail sites and ensure labour relations cases are managed consistently, ensuring compliance and good employee engagement in coordination with all relevant HR and business stakeholders
- Manage European Labor Relation Committees transactions and meetings for Rail in alignment with global HR guidelines and processes.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and legislation to ensure we are legally compliant.
- Be aware of and actively promote and implement Hitachi's culture and values.
- Adhere, comply and implement Hitachi Rail's global policies and processes.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required.
- Lead on the provision of upskilling, coaching or mentoring of colleagues or business leaders to support their involvement in employee and industrial relations processes
Job requirements Key Skills & Experience Essential Requirements
Applicants should be able to demonstrate all of the essential requirements listed below:
- Substantial and evidential experience of managing German labour relations within an IG Metall framework
- Excellent German Employment Law knowledge.
- Proven Excellent knowledge of IG Metall Tariff scheme
- Experience in managing the industrial relations strategy and/ or agenda for a large, complex rail/ industrial/ manufacturing/ automotive industry or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills: tireless communicator with clarity and influence with all relevant stakeholders on various levels in a multi-cultural environment;
- Working comfortably in a divers and remote teams environment ensuring accuracy and attention to detail, whilst working under pressure
- Excellent analytical and planning skills with attention for details; a problem-solving and driving for completion personality; multi-tasking on a daily basis, managing priorities
- Excellent listening, negotiation, conflict management and presentation skills
- Experience of successfully operating within a complex matrix organisation
- Any relevant experience in industrial relations in other European Countries is a plus
- Degree educated or equivalent experience
- Fluency in German and English
- Strong project and communication skills
- Min 10 years of professional experience in the relevant Labor Relation environment
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail