Meet The Team
Automation of the CTO process to improve the quality and the efficiency of the configuration setup of the systems being built in the DCs. Due to the automated input of parameters in the systems (typing) errors are avoided and the flow of orders through the DC is increased. Side effect is that less people are needed to do the CTO job. Results: • Less configuration errors. • Faster throughput of orders through the DC. • Standardized workflow throughout all DCs • Less handling time needed per order. What You Will Be Doing
Your primary job will be to write and test automation software that will standardize and configure hardware that ships to Hitachi Vantara customers. Because the product lines and technologies change regularly, you must be willing and able to learn quickly. Your current skillset matters, but the ability to absorb new hardware technology and information is also crucial. Because typos can irreparably damage some hardware platforms, accurate touch-typing is required. Finally, because troubleshooting can hinge on the tiniest details, strong attention to detail is required.
You will be part of a diverse, global team of specialists that do everything from designing and documenting new processes to architecting and deploying changes to our global production environment. As a part of the team, you may sometimes be called on to support other members' projects, including new or existing software projects.What You Bring To the Team
- 3+ years of Python experience
- The automation software is currently written for Windows using these programming languages: Python 3 (96%), AutoHotkey (1%), Tera Term Macro (1%), batch files (1%) and .NET/ C# (1%).
- The automation connects to storage, servers, and switches running these operating systems: Windows, Linux, multiple Brocade OS'es, Cisco NXOS, and VxWorks.
- The hardware connections vary wildly and include these protocols and methods: CLI and GUI programs, serial, Telnet, SSH, FTP, TFTP, SCP and HTTP API's.
- We use GIT in our development environment and sometimes must fix bugs in open source software written in other languages
- High level of knowledge of the Python 3 programming language, of networking, git and embedded programming. Low level knowledge of C+, C#, and .NET.
- Willing to travel internationally and work outside 'standard' working hours (due to international contacts).
Able to communicate well in written and spoken English / understand language problems for those who don't have English as mother tongue.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge