Global Quality Customer Engineer - PARIS
Job Family : Quality
Level of Experience : Experienced
We are part of Hitachi Astemo focusing on world-leading advanced mobility solutions within the fields of electrification, autonomous driving, and connectivity to help reduce environmental damage, decrease traffic accidents, and improve comfort. Together, we contribute to a sustainable society and improved quality of life by providing mobility solutions that satisfy our customers and form the future core of automotive and motorcycle systems. Our people are at the heart of achieving these goals, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Our Brake Business Unit is one of the world's largest manufacturers of automotive braking solutions. Our products - disc brakes, drum brakes, electro-mechanical parking brakes and rotors - are dedicated to passenger cars, light commercial and two-wheeler vehicles through original equipment manufacturers and aftermarket distribution channels. We have a global footprint with operations in Europe, Asia, South Africa, North and South America.
We recruit and develop people from diverse backgrounds who can bring their skills and experience to our organization and make us even more effective. Own the Future and become a part of the team and join our organization.
Why Hitachi Astemo?
At Hitachi Astemo, Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit are practiced values - we respect each other, never pass the buck and work creatively to accomplish our mission. Our people are given exciting opportunities to develop and grow in a truly international business, where they are proud to be part of a collaborative and innovative team. Diversity & Inclusion is valued to build and leverage an inclusive work environment and embrace diversity to unlock our full potential. We believe that this will give us the strength to drive great innovations to create new values for people, vehicles and the society, and to unlock our full potential to become a global leader in everything we do.
Sound Interesting? Then we would like to get to know you. Apply online via our career site - we look forward to receiving your application! www.hitachiastemo.com/en/careersJob Purpose
Responsible for Customer Satisfaction regarding quality aspects from project phase until End of Production (EOP). Implement Global Customers Quality performance in order to prevent Global Customers' claims and minimize impact of worldwide warranties on CBI profitabilityKey Accountabilities & Key ActivitiesCustomer's Project Development
Customer Quality performance
- Ensure that applicable customer's requirements are well understood and applied all along Project phases
- Ensure that lessons learned are properly applied
- Coach the team and facilitate team work necessitating proper use of project development quality tools
- Ensure that project risk is at an acceptable level through all the phases of the project
- Escalate at Executive Team level the issues rising a significant quality risk that could not find proper mitigation at project level
- Assure an effective negotiation with the customer on specification gaps based on his own skills and relationship
- Check if Quality Gate assessment report was performed correctly
Customer claims management
- Monitor & provide global customers performance reports
- Support CLO organization on Customer Satisfaction
- Minimize Warranty Quality Costs to minimize their impact on CBI profitability
- Ensure Quality Customer Specific Requirements application
Key Professional Competencies
- Control current and prevent future Global Customers' claims
- Follow up of critical issues status - support for the plants
- Follow up PRC (Parts Return Center) activities on providing necessary information
- Ensure Lessons Learned sharing within CBI organization
- Perform 8D quality content evaluation before closure and ensure 8D is closed on time.
- Mechanical engineering background
- Knowledge of foundation products and systems & manufacturing processes
- Project Management linked with Quality (APQP)
- Negotiation skills
- International & Intercultural Management skills
- English spoken. Other languages appreciated
Qualification & Experience
- Ownership & Management Courage
- Implementation & Results Orientation
- Relationship Building
- Analytical & Problem Solving
- Communication & Presentation
- Bachelor/Master degree in Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience at Automotive industry: quality / manufacturing / engineering / project