Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Director of Human Resources - Hitachi Rail USA
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
As General overview in Americas we are transforming travel throughout North and South America, from Canada to Peru, delivering the most extensive US railway signaling project in San Francisco, a fully integrated turnkey solution in Honolulu, and a light rail transit system in Hurontario, Canada - these are just some of our current projects. Accountabilities
This position reports directly to the Head of Human Resources, Americas Region. The complexity to be managed includes approximately 1,200 employees in the following primary locations:
Goal Be a Part Of a Global Team Where You Will for USA Area:
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Honolulu, HI
- Batesburg, SC
- Oakland, CA
- Los Angeles CA
- Boston, MA
- Baltimore, MD
- Unionized staff in Honolulu and Pittsburgh CA
- FL and Batesburg, SC
- Establish human resources strategies, policies and objectives which reflect and support the overall plans, strategies, and goals of Hitachi Rail in the USA and its parent organization.
- Ensure regional business support and partnership on all HR matters related to regional employees in alignment with the HR operating model and the Hitachi Rail HR global strategy and guidelines
- Ensure the regional implementation, communication, maintenance and reporting of all HR Global processes, procedures, templates and tools in compliance with regional laws, regulations and culture and in alignment with the HR operating model and the Hitachi Rail HR global strategy and guidelines. In particular:
- Working in conjunction with the Group Compensation and Benefits team, to support the establishment of effective compensation and benefits programs that ensure the attraction and retention of highly qualified employees. This includes the implementation of programs for international and domestic assignments, travel and annual headcount planning for the USA.
- Working in conjunction with the Group Organization & Development team, to support the establishment of training and employee development programs consistent with corporate objectives, and to fulfill expressed training needs. This includes key employee programs, succession programs, and the annual objective setting and performance review processes
- Working in conjunction with the Group Talent Acquisition team, to support the management of Local Recruitment activities for all positions, in alignment with the defined guidelines and procedures, when/where applicable. Includes supporting the implementation of initiatives on Diversity and Inclusion, Employer Branding as well as new systems (example: Workday Recruitment module)
- Maintaining a positive and productive employee relations environment by developing and maintain employee relations programs and a work environment that cultivates stability and employee satisfaction. This includes establishing appropriate policies, procedures and practices as well as employee and managerial training on these subjects where required. It also includes ensuring fairness and legal compliance in employee disciplinary actions in conjunction with legal counsel where required.
- Maintaining a positive and proactive business relationship with our unionized workforce and with union business representatives to ensure wherever positive that there are no work stoppages and consequent disruption to business continuity
- Ensuring that Hitachi Rail in the USA operates in compliance with state and federal laws governing human resources functions such as FLSA, E.O., FEP laws, FMLA, ADA, etc.
- Directing initiatives for and support positive corporate image in the community in conjunction with the Internal and External Communication departments.
- Interacting with HR counterparts both within the Americas and within other Regions and with Group HR functions to network best practices, ensure alignment on program deployment and to participate in Group projects as required
- Operating all human resources responsibilities within the specified HR operating budget.
- Undertaking other duties as assigned by the Head of Human Resources for the Americas Region.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
• Working knowledge of various Federal and State laws and regulations in addition to a sound understanding of principles governing the human resources specialties including, but not limited to compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, employee benefits, employee relations, labor relations, payroll, HRIS, etc.
• Broad business knowledge and understanding within which to integrate human resources strategy
• Computer literacy including Microsoft officePreferred Skills
• Knowledge of employment immigration procedures.
• International working experience with Global Organization Desired Work Habits:
• Satisfy internal customers
• Strong Leadership
• Take initiative
• Demonstrate process improvements
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Build effective relationships and display exceptional communication skills
• Travel domestically and internationally on occasion as required
• Work extended hours as requiredPhysical Requirements:
• While the regular working cycle of this job is usually 5 days on (Monday - Friday) 2 days off (Saturday and Sunday), working hours may vary.
• This job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
• May work overtime as required.Working Conditions :
• Works in office with some travel.
• This job regularly requires a high degree of mental effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical workday.Education/Experience Requirements:
• At least a Master Degree in Human Resources.
• A Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a Human Resources environment.
• A Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Human Resources leadership role.Licensing Requirements:
SPHR preferred. Languages
Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts