Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.What You Will Be Doing
What You Will Bring To The Team
- The Senior Technical Consultant will act as the level-3 support and will be responsible for handling the escalated incidents from Level-2 team.
- Review the health check reports and take appropriate action to maintain the health of customer storage environment.
- Join outage bridge calls and troubleshoot customer business impacting incidents.
- Work on ongoing project tasks and provide technical support to achieve project goals.
- Monitor incident and service request ticket queues and assign tickets to appropriate level-2 team members.
- Responsible for implementing complex changes in production environment.
- Peer review of the change implementation plans submitted by Level-2 team members.
- Configure SAN Routers, FCIP circuits and Enterprise storage arrays for data replication.
- Review the performance reports and formulate action plans as needed.
- Review capacity reports and make capacity upgrade recommendations.
- Provide weekly and monthly operations reports to the Service Delivery Manager.
- Follow the established policies, procedures and practices defined by Hitachi.
- Identify and provide suggestions on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform firmware/software upgrades of storage arrays and switches.
- Perform storage management tool installations and upgrades.
- Engage in Disaster recovery discussions and provide support from storage standpoint.
- Migrate customer data between storage arrays using standard replication tools.
- Document best practices and standard operating methodologies for managed services.
- At least 7 years of total IT infrastructure support experience (in any domain).
- 5+ years of experience in Hitachi storage platforms. The candidate must have hands-on experience in one or more storage arrays from below list.
- USP-V, VSP, VSP G and F series (200,350,400,600,700,800,1000 and 1500) HUS, HUS-VM and AMS series.
- Expertise in Hitachi storage tools - Hitachi Command Suite, storage navigator, SNM2, Tiered Storage Manager, Thin Image, Shadow Image.
- Good working experience in enterprise SAN Fabric (Brocade and Cisco).
- Hands on experience in Thin provisioning, HDP/HDT pools and Storage encryption.
- Expert in replication technologies - True copy, Universal replicator.
- Expert in performance analysis and troubleshooting using Tuning Manager.
- Experience in Zoning Activities using CLI, BNA and Device Manager.
- Good working knowledge in CCI (Command control interface).
- Ability to configure SAN routers, FCIP circuits and enterprise storage frames to facilitate data replication.
- Good understanding of HUR and Journal management.
- Expert in upgrading storage management tools like Hitachi Command Suite, SNM2, Hi-Track and BNA.
- Basic understanding of ITIL process (Change, Incident and Problem Management).
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge