As Hitachi, Ltd.'s global digital modernization company, with operations in the United States, Europe and Asia, Hitachi Vantara is a recognized leader in delivering proven business and IT strategies and solutions to Global 2000 companies across many industries. With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, we work with companies to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement practical business strategies and technology solutions. From business strategy development through application deployment, our consultants are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI.
As a part of Product Engineering Services practice, we are looking for talented Senior Front End / UI Engineer to join us to contribute to practice initiatives and keep current in the latest technology developments in the Digital/Product Engineering space.Responsibilities / Duties
Works on projects of all sizes to provide software design and development to support deliverables and/or project objectives. Activities will not limit to:
• Work with agile teams as they perform feature level design, development, testing, performance analysis and document to ensure that software meets business needs
• Provide front-end architecture and aesthetic guidance and leadership. Maintain and extend style guides and templates for scalability cross application use.
• Complete front-end development and code reviews, including new application builds, maintaining existing code and refactor to meet deadlines or to increase maintainability, performance, and responsiveness
• Collaborate with team to innovative, develop, research, recommend, communicate and maintain front end dev standards, technologies and tools.
• Build, plan, and manage rolling out changes; provide mentoring and best practices for Front End development for team growth.
• Participate in building and applying processes for our Agile and SDLC practices.
• Translate mockups and wireframes into clean, maintainable code
• Support for deployment and maintenance applications
• Perform other job-related duties as assignedRequirements / Qualification
• 7+ years of Front-End UI Architecture Design - Development Experience
• 5+ years of Consulting experience, designing and developing Consumer facing enterprise level responsive web applications
• 3+ years of experience working as a technical/team/module lead for team size of 3-4
• Extensive expertise using script frameworks: ReactJS / Redux lifecycles, AngularJS, Node.js
• Ability to build responsive, cross-browser, highly-performant, and accessibility compliant applications (i.e. WCAG)
• Proficient in using built-in browser tools like Chrome Developer Tools
• Experience in NPM, node, grunt and other similar build tools.
• Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software
• Experience evaluating component libraries and choosing the best toolkit for the job
• Experience of automated testing of UI in a micro-service environment.
• Strong working experience with version control (Git/Bitbucket) and branching strategies is a plus
• Strong experience with publishing and consuming REST APIs
• Knowledge of SEO and user analytics tools and techniques
• Have a deep understanding of modern web development techniques and how to apply new technologies to improve the architecture and boost page speed
• Experience with Agile Software Development
• Must possess excellent communication skills and must be a quick learner with organized problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Degree in Computer Science, User Experience Design, or equivalent experience
Once Covid-19 restriction lifted a certain amount of travel across the US and Canada will be required due to this being a consulting delivery role.