Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.The Role
The Global Support Escalation Manager provides technical leadership on critical Hitachi Vantara product and service issues. As part of the Global Support management team, they engage and lead Hitachi Vantara personnel to resolve escalated issues and quickly restore service during customer outages. This team also works within the organization to improve skills, increase support readiness, and enhance overall team effectiveness.
The Escalation Manager also acts as a customer service advocate to help drive improvements within the Hitachi Vantara service and support organisations. This may include occasional travel to customer sites, other HDS support centres, and attending regional service business meetings. Furthermore, the role also interacts and partners with other Hitachi Vantara organizations such as Sales, Engineering, QA, Logistics, and Professional Services.Responsibilities
Experience and Education
- During scheduled shifts the GSC Escalation Manager monitors and engages as needed on escalated issues to ensure customer SLAs are achieved.
- Manage ongoing high priority escalations to ensure smooth transitions between support and engineering staff in different time zones and geographies.
- Sets priorities and assigned resources based on criticality and impact.
- Prepare status reports and/or executive communications on assigned issues.
- Act as a central point of contact for all technical teams during the escalation and represent Hitachi Vantara with partners and vendors during joint engagements.
- Work with Global Support management on initiatives to improve processes, customer satisfaction, support capabilities, and other operational projects.
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in Customer Service, Technical Support, or similar position with a technology vendor, IT service provider or other high-tech industry.
- 4-year technical degree is preferred, or combination of prior work experience and technical certifications.
- Technical personnel supervision or management experience is a plus but not required.
The successful Escalation Manager possesses both strong technical and communication competencies with a history of providing positive customer experiences in difficult situations.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, listening, and negotiation skills are a requirement.
- Strong written communication skills are required to create summaries of complex technical issues to a wide audience.
- Current technical skills, or experience, in one or more areas involving Enterprise Storage, Software, Networking, or other mission critical systems.
- Self-motivated, has a strong attention to detail, and possesses proven time management/multitasking skills.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.