Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsThe Role
This hands-on Staff UI Software Engineer who can seamlessly bring together the understanding of technology with proper business judgement to help us navigate our cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support and planning, and most importantly implementation. Not only are you experienced in cloud-based tech, but you have a firm grasp of SaaS technologies, platform and applications, and have intimate knowledge of how to best customize these attributes to our business to help us become more secure and efficient. Not only can you help us connect the dots and evolve our cloud capabilities over time, but you're also evolving your own capabilities as an engineer and keeping an eye on developments that can support our expansion. The ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question assumptions and be imaginative. This person should have a passion for exploring and learning new technologies in a fast-paced environment. Participate in product requirement discussions with Product Management, Product Owner, Engineering Lead, and UX.Responsibilities
- The ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question assumptions and be imaginative. Candidate should care deeply about user experience, design, and simplicity. Participated in product requirement discussions with Product Management, Product Owner, Engineering Lead, and UX.
- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers.
- Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts.
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding.
- Knowledge of machine learning platform and framework, e.g. PyTorch, MLFlow; and libraries, e.g. scikit-learn; a definite plus.
- Deep understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture.
- Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team.
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation.
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module.
- Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules.
- Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and skilled in build, release & deployment processes (CI/CD).
- Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
- Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice.
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
- Experience React, AngularJS or Vue; HTML5, CSS, D3, Loopback, REST/JSON.
- Experience developing solutions using open source and DevOps frameworks and tools such as Github, Selenium.
- Experience working with Agile development practices (e.g. Scrum, TDD).
- Hands-on experience with front-end testing using Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium or equivalent framework.
- Strong background in modern tooling (Bower, Grunt, gyp, npm).
- Experience with modern microservices architecture, prior experience with micro-frontend technology and framework a plus.
- Experience with container technology, docker, Kubernetes a definite plus.
- Experience with backend technology, overall application lifecycle and performance optimization also a definite plus.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns.
- Database experience with RDBMS and NoSQL.
- Experiences with automation/configuration management using Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or equivalent technologies; and software configuration tools, such as GIT, Perforce).
- Experience with build script and CI/CD.
- Experience with Golang is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in Secure-SDLC, SAST, DAST methodologies and tools.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.