Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsThe Role
This role is hands-on Staff Software Engineer to develop IOT applications platform, machine learning and solutions. The ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question assumptions and be imaginative. 10 or more years' experience as an engineer with drive for innovation by developing prototypes, influencing product roadmap. This person should have a passion for exploring and learning new technologies in a fast-paced environment. Participate in product requirement discussions with Product Management, Product Owner, Engineering Lead, and UX.Responsibilities
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and skilled in build, release - deployment processes (CI/CD)
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choiceQualifications:
• 6+ years of experience in the software industry
• Experience in design and development of full stack web applications with emphasis on Micro-Services architecture. Knowledge of 12-factor application and proficient in applying common design patterns. Strong experience in containers, Kubernetes, RESTful services
• Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture.
• Experience with backend technology, overall application lifecycle and performance optimization also a definite plus
• Experience/exposure in React, AngularJS or Vue; HTML5, CSS, D3, Loopback, REST/JSON
• Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns.
• Database experience must be familiar with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
• Experience in testing framework - Mock frameworks
• Hands-on in design and code reviews.
• Understanding of multi-threaded priority-based systemsNice to have:
• Experiences with machine learning platform and framework, e.g. PyTorch, MLFlow; and libraries, e.g. scikit-learn.
• Experiences using IaaS and/or PaaS (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, vCloud Air); and virtualization environment (ESXi, Xen, Hyper-V, Docker, etc.)
• Experiences with automation/configuration management using Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or equivalent technologies; and software configuration tools; build script and CI/CD
• Hands-on experience in Secure-SDLC, SAST, DAST methodologies and tools.
• Knowledge or experiences with industrial protocols a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.