Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, Operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a motivated Full Stack Software Engineer to assist in the continued development of Hitachi Content Intelligence suite of applications. In this role, you will design and implement across the entire platform utilizing your extensive expertise in HTML/JS and Java. As part of an Agile Scrum team, you will work collaboratively with functional team members to iteratively design and deliver software features through a complete Continuous Integration process. The successful candidate will have initiative and be able to dig in and solve complex problems, a positive work attitude in a team environment, and a passion, desire and ability to quickly understand numerous cutting-edge technologies.Responsibilities
• Collaborate and work with cross-functional engineering team members to design and implement front-end and back-end software solutions.
• Maintain design and coding standards.
• Participate in reviews of business requirements.
• Contribute to functional specifications and participate in reviews of feature designs and test plans.
• Work closely with cross-functional engineering team members to identify - resolve issues, and drive continuous improvement in the ease of installation, management, and use of a product.
• 10+ years of Java design and development experience
• Experience with the design of web application UI for scalable distributed software
• Extensive experience with Java 8+ and Object-Oriented Development
• Solid understanding of engineering processes and standards
• Advanced problem-solving skills
• Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
• Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• A genuine passion for engineering high-quality solutions
• Relevant formal education, including BSCS
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge