Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Meet the Team
The Hitachi Vantara Content Portfolio product management team is looking for an outstanding product manager to help direct Hitachi Vantara's Hitachi Content Unstructured Data Intelligence technologies and products.
This is a challenging position requiring passion to continuously deliver highly innovative capabilities to the Hitachi Vantara's search, metadata management and object storage data management product set. A position at this level requires a candidate who needs little to no supervision; a proven self-starter capable of understanding what needs to be done and making it happen.Responsibilities
1. Manage entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to EOL.
2. Specify product requirements by conducting research supported by customer feedback and working with all geography leaders and their teams to integrate feedback and business requirements. Ensures the right blend of trade-offs to maximize the product impact in the marketplace, considering competition, time to market, costs and internal capabilities.
3. Work closely with all internal groups to ensure successful product roll-out and on-going internal and external 3rd-party certifications/qualifications as required.
4. Developing and implementing a company-wide business and go-to-market plan with key HV product delivery stakeholders.
5. Exceptional presentation and communications skills with an ability to work directly with sales and customers to increase product sales via sales calls at customer accounts.
6. Make and champion decisions that shape new directions for Hitachi Vantara products related to management of unstructured data. Prepares and presents the strategic business plan to any audience, including executives, industry analysts and customers.
7. Educates other teams on technical and business benefits of HV's advanced data management capabilities set, with a focus on the global service, pre-sales, and technology integrator organizations.
8. Keeping abreast of the market, our competitors, customer requirements and the available products. Assist with strategy setting with regard to the market segment.
9. Ability to analyse the financial condition of the business and provide high-quality monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports for executives.
10. Analyse and execute potential partner relationships for the product line.What you Bring
• Ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree in computer science and a graduate degree in business. Direct experience in software engineering is very valuable.
• Depth of knowledge in data search technologies. Familiarity with AI/ML use cases, object storage (on-prem and public cloud), public cloud compute and container orchestration technologies.
• An ability to analyse and understand market conditions and requirements. In particular, past experience product managing object or cloud storage technologies related to storage for analytics use cases are highly valued.
• Familiarity with different sales models in both Capex and Opex orientation.
• Exceptional presentation skills.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in product management with product sets targeting enterprise-class customers. Business plan creation and execution as well as financial tracking and reporting.
• Proven ability to coordinate consultative multi-skilled teams, customer, and third parties.
• Proven ability to resolve conflict and arbitrate.
• Worldwide travel will be about 10% on average, but may be greater in any given month.
• Must be a self-starter who has sufficient knowledge and motivation to require very little direct management.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge