Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We offer an inclusive, highly collaborative workplace and we recognise our biggest asset is our people; they drive our innovation advantage. Our social Employee Resource Groups, including our active Women of Hitachi, LGBTQ+, CSR and Veteran's communities represent our diverse employee base. Diversity and individuality are welcomed and we're looking for like-minded, passionate and driven people to join us. In return, we offer industry leading benefits packages and promote a creative culture where you can come to work, be yourself and be successful. What You Will Be Doing
Involved throughout the sales cycle from forecasting to shipment and delivery in managing the Operations Coordinators (OC) and providing the first level of support and escalation. This role collaborates closely with Country/District Managers, Regional Leads, Finance, and Logistics.
Key functions will include:Reporting, Strategic Planning - Analysis
• Coordinating reporting with Sales management in Country/District
• Ensuring complete and detailed input is received from all disciplines (Sales, Services, HR, F-A and Marketing) in Country/District
• Provides the input to the Regional Lead on behalf of the Country/District managerForecasting
Supports the forecast process by:
• Attending forecast calls if required
• Assisting the Operations Manager with preparing and updating the Country/District forecast if required.
• May update insight opportunities to accurately reflect the forecast, upsides, and backlog if required.Configuration and Pricing
Act as escalation point for the Operations Coordinator in supporting the tracking of DOC configuration and pricing requests
• Participate in completing business cases or facilitate special approvals
• Educate sales teams on current programs to drive DOC requests and optimize the revenue and GM in a deal
• Oversee complex deal activities by:
o Engaging appropriate subject-matter experts (Technical, F-A, CS-S, GSS, Commercial)
o Preparing business cases to review with Regional Lead
o Verifying pricing requests were fulfilled accurately
• Coordinating bids, RFIs, RFPs, etc.Quoting and Approval Workflow
• May collaborate with Sales and Finance to create nonstandard deal documentation, such as, quote proposals required to execute a sale
• Act as escalation point for the OC or sales teams to validate and monitor quote approvals for standard deals
• May obtain customer acknowledgements of quote or order changes
• Reviews and approve quotes in line with approvals matrix on behalf of Country/District Sales managerOrder Management
Acts as an escalation point for the Operations Coordinator:
• Orders quotes in Insight and submit orders as appropriated based on scalable deals guidance
• In Facilitates the purchase and /or delivery of nonstandard hardware and software (e.g., other-other, work orders, adjustments, etc.)
• Supports the account team by monitoring product supply availability
• May assist account teams with facilitating the purchase and /or delivery of nonstandard hardware and software (e.g., other-other, work orders, financial adjustments, etc.)Logistics
Acts as an escalation point for the Operations Coordinator:
• Liaises with Logistics to relay shipment and delivery information
• Requests, monitors, and helps coordinate equipment returns (RMAs)
• Assists the country/district with loan equipment tracking
• Advocates to Region on behalf of country / district to secure inventory for strategic dealsOther
• Monitors customer credit limits against the country/district forecast and requests credit limit increases as needed
• Responsible for assisting the Accounts Receivable team in resolving any cash collection issues.
• Assists country/district with ad hoc quote to order process and tools training
• Champions sales tools and Implement process changes in accordance with global HDS standards and policies in Country/District
• Ensures country/district compliance with global or regional standards and policies
• Customer facing when necessary
• Manages relationship with the DOC for country/district by ensuring they are fully aligned the country / district's priorities What You Bring To the Team
- 5+ years' experience in Sales Operation function in a global high technology company
• Demonstrated history of customer service skills in managing issues, managing expectations, and influencing outcomes.
• Deep understanding of the sales cycle and customer purchase drivers.
• Problem solving - the ability to solve complex problems.
• A strong sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast paced environment and sound business judgment.
• Exceptional communication skills including ability to communicate new concepts when interfacing with business and Sales leaders, while maintaining their respect and confidence
• Demonstrates a structured, planned and proactive approach and effectively manages many priorities across the organization and adjusts as priorities change.
• Experience ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
• Experience with Siebel CRM and advanced MS Office skills (Outlook and Excel)
• A strong sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast paced environment
• High integrity and outstanding references
• Understanding and knowledge of sales processes, forecasting and pipeline management and reporting.
• Prepared to travel occasionally
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge