Meet The Team
The Hitachi Vantara Content Portfolio product management team is looking for an outstanding product manager to help direct Hitachi Vantara's Hitachi Content Platform file storage products.
This is a challenging position requiring passion to continuously deliver highly innovative capabilities to the Hitachi Content Platform file product set. A position at this level requires a candidate who needs little to no supervision; a proven self-starter capable of understanding what needs to be done and making it happen.What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Create and manage solutions between Hitachi products, services delivery organizations, and 3rd-party providers to combine for a unified offering to Hitachi customers.
- Work closely with internal cross functional teams to ensure successful product roll-out and on-going internal and external 3rd-party certifications/qualifications as required.
- Exceptional presentation and communications skills with an ability to work directly with Sales and customers to increase product sales via sales calls at customer accounts.
- Specify solution requirements by conducting research supported by customer feedback and working with worldwide sales teams to integrate feedback and business requirements. Ensures the right blend of trade-offs to maximize the solution impact in the marketplace, considering competition, time to market, costs and internal capabilities.
- Make and champion decisions that shape new directions for the portfolio of solutions. Prepares and presents the vision and strategic business plan to any audience, including executives, industry analysts and customers.
- Educates internal teams on technical and business benefits of Hitachi's object storage product family, with a focus on "better together" cross product integrations.
- Keeping abreast of the market, our competitors, customer requirements and the available solutions. Define strategy for vertical markets and targeted market segments.
- Ability to analyze the financial condition of the business and provide high-quality monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports for executives.
- Analyze and execute potential 3rd party partner relationships for the solution portfolio.
- Ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree in computer science / engineering and a graduate degree in business (MBA). Direct experience in software engineering is very valuable.
Minimum 5 years' experience in product management with product sets targeting enterprise-class customers. Business plan creation and execution as well as financial tracking and reporting.
- Experience with solutions creation and an ability to understand the technology factors related to solution feasibility (scale considerations for compute, storage and networking and performance requirements).
- An eagerness to learn and understand object storage, file services, NAS, data protection, edge IoT and related technologies as they will be the core building blocks to your solutions.
- An ability to analyze and understand market conditions and requirements. Familiarity with different pricing models.
- Experience working with different functional teams, partners, ISVs, sales and customers.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Proven ability to resolve conflict and arbitrate.
- Must be a self-starter and goal-oriented, requiring little direct management.
- Worldwide travel will be about 20% on average but may be greater in any given month.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge