Meet Our Team
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
The Hitachi Content Portfolio product management team is looking for an outstanding solutions product manager to help select and direct the set of 3rd party solutions to be tightly integrated with the Hitachi Vantara Content Portfolio of products.
This position requires a passion to deliver high quality, proven, application solutions that leverage Hitachi Vantara HCP object storage and HCP Anywhere mobility products to address modern real-world enterprise data management challenges. The position also requires overseeing a process that allows any 3rd party independent application vendor to self-certify against the portfolio of product to create a broad and deep set of applications possibilities.
A position at this level requires a candidate who needs little to no supervision; a proven self-starter capable of understanding what needs to be done and making it happen. What You Will Be Doing
1. Create and manage solutions between Hitachi products, services delivery organizations, and 3rd-party providers to combine for a unified offering to Hitachi customers.
2. Work closely with internal cross functional teams to ensure successful product roll-out and on-going internal and external 3rd-party certifications/qualifications as required.
3. Exceptional presentation and communications skills with an ability to work directly with Sales and customers to increase product sales via sales calls at customer accounts.
4. Specify solution requirements by conducting research supported by customer feedback and working with worldwide sales teams to integrate feedback and business requirements. Ensures the right blend of trade-offs to maximize the solution impact in the marketplace, considering competition, time to market, costs and internal capabilities,
5. Make and champion decisions that shape new directions for the portfolio of solutions. Prepares and presents the vision and strategic business plan to any audience, including executives, industry analysts and customers.
6. Educates internal teams on technical and business benefits of Hitachi's object storage product family, with a focus on "better together" cross product integrations.
7. Keeping abreast of the market, our competitors, customer requirements and the available solutions. Define strategy for vertical markets and targeted market segments.
8. Ability to analyze the financial condition of the business and provide high-quality monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports for executives.
9. Analyze and execute potential 3rd party partner relationships for the solution portfolio. What You Will Bring To The Team
1. Ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree in computer science / engineering and a graduate degree in business (MBA). Direct experience in software engineering is very valuable.
2. Minimum 5 years' experience in product management with product sets targeting enterprise-class customers. Business plan creation and execution as well as financial tracking and reporting.
3. Experience with solutions creation and an ability to understand the technology factors related to solution feasibility (scale considerations for compute, storage and networking and performance requirements).
4. An eagerness to learn and understand object storage, file services, NAS, data protection, edge IoT and related technologies as they will be the core building blocks to your solutions.
5. An ability to analyze and understand market conditions and requirements. Familiarity with different pricing models.
6. Experience working with different functional teams, partners, ISVs, sales and customers.
7. Strong presentation and communication skills.
8. Proven ability to resolve conflict and arbitrate.
9. Must be a self-starter and goal-oriented, requiring little direct management.
10. Worldwide travel will be about 20% on average but may be greater in any given month.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge