Meet our Team
Our NBSS Support team are a small, specialist team that provide technical and functional Application Management Support on a critical Cancer Screening Programme for our NHS customers across the UK.What you'll be doing
Leading a small specialist team of application support specialists to resolve functional and technical issues. This team takes ownership of Incident, Service Request and Change tickets from the Hitachi 1st Service Desk team and acting as the 2nd line support function. This is a hands on technical support role working and leading the NBSS team to deliver outstanding customer support. What you bring to the team
2nd line support team leadership or management experience, ideally with knowledge of NHS systems or technologies eg: Functional knowledge of NBSS (Breast screening), awareness of Intersystems Cache, PACS (picture archiving communication systems), Data Security Awareness.
- Team leadership within a 2nd line support environment.
- Key Leadership role which will drive and own the day to day support function, ensuring contractual obligations are met.
- Aptitude for problem solving, able to question, interpret, analyse and provide workarounds and/or permanent solutions to a user issue in order to resolve the issue reported.
- Experience of an ITIL driven SLA environment is preferred, with the ability to work under pressure.
- If you have worked with a ITSM Service Desk toolset such as ServiceNow, that's great but others like Remedy would also be fine.
- Customer focus and a real team player, eager to listen and learn but also to share knowledge and experiences with your colleagues.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge