Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking a passionate Managing Editor to help us shape the next chapter of the company's narrative. Hitachi Vantara is at a pivotal moment in its evolution. In January 2020, the company combined its legacy data infrastructure and data management software business with Hitachi Consulting to create a new, multi-billion-dollar revenue data infrastructure, software, solutions, and services powerhouse.
Hitachi Vantara has significant ambitions to lead across all these categories. It is also at the vanguard of the transformation of its $85 billion parent company, Hitachi Ltd. Hitachi's IT sector (of which Hitachi Vantara is part) already contributes more than 20% of revenues and more than 50% of company operating profit. The acceleration of the company's digital transformation through the expansion of its IT sector business is a top priority.
Our Managing Editor will play a vital role in evolving the reputation of Hitachi Vantara to match its new portfolio and market ambitions, and to passionately engage with all the digital stakeholders who will contribute to our success.What You Bring To the Team
The right person for the role is a content expert who lives to engage and educate their audiences. The successful candidate will understand our business and our changing industry and demonstrate an ability to connect the dots between our company's story and the trends, themes and topics that matter to our key audiences.
As Managing Editor, you will lead the daily editorial execution of our thought leadership content hub and newsroom, including writing and creating stories, editing, coordinating publishing, and retiring content. You will meet with internal leaders and SME's and identify topics, themes, and storylines that appeal to our target audiences. You will write stories yourself, and create pitch requests and story briefs that inspire great work from contributing content producers. You will co-manage the relationship with content agencies, and edit stories so they meet editorial guidelines. You will work cross-functionally with marketing peers, other content teams, and the PR team to identify opportunities for thought leadership content.
This position reports to the Head of Social Media, Newsroom, and Thought Leadership and sits within the company's Corporate Marketing and Communications organization. Location is flexible.
• Lead thought leadership content development and publishing, including writing stories, writing briefs, evaluating writer pitches, editing stories from contributing writers, and providing creative/editorial guidance for multiple visual formats.
• Lead newsroom editorial focus.
• Manage the editorial calendars.
• Collaborate to identify themes/topics that build enterprise brand credibility for Hitachi Vantara with our target audience.
• Co-Manage the monthly editorial board meeting and collaborate with partners across marketing and other business units to identify content synergies/co-development/cross-linking opportunities.
• Optimize content for search and content resonance across formats, regularly monitoring performance.
• Contribute to other brand content initiatives as needed.
• 8+ years of experience as a journalist, writer, editor, or content marketing/management role. Candidate must have experience with content management platforms like Workfront.
• Experience or currently working in the technology sector and or a B2B role
• A degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field
• Strong writing, editing, strategic planning, relationship and consensus-building, problem-solving and oral/written presentation skills
• Natural storyteller with ability to suggest ideas for thought leadership content and see them through to publication
• Excellent attention to detail for both copyediting and ensuring quality and consistency in style and tone across content
• Familiarity with customer journey mapping and optimizing content for resonance, engagement, and SEO
• Have a strong portfolio of writing samples to share
• Candidate must be organized, enthusiastic, results oriented, innovative, and able to deal with tight deadlines while working effectively in a team environment.
This position is remote within the United States.
PLEASE SUBMIT WRITING SAMPLES WITH YOUR RESUME.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge