Meet the teamUS remote
We are looking for an experienced Salesforce Business Analyst who has a demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and a strong track record in delivering high quality solutions in Salesforce. The Business Analyst, Salesforce will be supporting key strategic initiatives from discovery through implementation, as well as being a standing member of the scrum teams following a well established continuous delivery model.
The Business Analyst, Salesforce leads the ongoing technology solution definition effort supporting front office business functions such as Sales, Marketing, Partners, Services at Hitachi Vantara and works as an integral part of the delivery team. Working in close collaboration with business stakeholders, technical leads and operations team, this role will solution for new and changing business needs. In this role, you will drive alignment on requirements with stakeholders through workshop facilitation, interviews, system demos, visual documentation, use case identification, and business process analysis. In addition, you must demonstrate effective communication through various mediums, provide strong leadership, and the ability to promote change into the business community through a consultative approach. What you will be doing
What you bring to the table
- Support product lifecycle management from conception to launch. Support new product development as well as day-to-day maintenance of various Salesforce COE projects/products
- Work as a strategic partner of the business, driving alignment with business on strategic vision and priorities, ensuring expectations are in line with delivery plans
- Understand and document business process, use cases, requirements, product functions, system integrations and data flow
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with business stakeholders, leading business meetings and interviews. Define requirements, user stories, as-is and to-be process flows, screen and interface designs, data flow diagrams, reporting and data requirements, data mapping, user manual and training documentation
- Work with the product manager to define and manage product roadmap. Manage and prioritize user story backlog on an ongoing basis. Identify related user stories and epics, group them into themes as necessary and document the interrelationship and associated business process flows as necessary.
- Work closely with architect and developers to translate business requirements into technology design and solution
- Support launch of new products and features, test product functions and performance, and iterate quickly with an agile mindset.
- Participate in sprint planning and other project activities using an agile software development methodology
- Support Infosec, legal, business continuity and procurement audit requirements and activities
- Challenge business requests by applying your knowledge of the platform as well as system design best practices, when necessary. Strive for implementing out of the box solutions vs. custom development.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend new Salesforce features and/or new business use-cases and how they can best integrate with the existing Salesforce infrastructure and technology landscape
- Lead cross-functional team meetings and planning sessions with internal stakeholders, delivery teams and external vendors
- Facilitate operations meetings, providing updates on project status, issues, risks, escalations, and change requests
- Demonstrate ability to successfully distill complex technical information into clear, comprehensive communication material
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendors and internal delivery teams on application support issues, defects and enhancements. Ensure the epics and stories are well understood by technical delivery teams and developed solutions meet business expectations.
- Manage the delivery of defined scope and deliverables according to the dates and milestones established
- Track change requests and determine impacts to timeline, resources, and project cost before aligning on next steps
- Facilitate and manage user acceptance testing. Define testing strategy, write test scripts, and execute unit and end-to-end testing. Work closely with global business leads on testing the enhancements or defects deployed. Develop testing metrics for readout
- Identify, log and triage issues, coordinating with development team to resolve in a timely manner
- For new application or feature releases, define support model, complete required process steps and documentation, assist with go live readiness activities, and facilitate transition to support team(s).
- Assist management with discovery and proposal development of new initiatives / requests. This would require engagement with business leaders, delivery managers, procurement, technology vendors, and leading activities such as high level business requirements / problem statement definition, documenting anticipated costs, defining resource plan, facilitating vendor demo sessions with internal stakeholders, documenting anticipated ROI / business case, and facilitating the approval process.
- This role will be working with a Global team in different time zones so some predictable flexibility will be expected in working hours.
- In depth knowledge of Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Service Cloud, Salesforce Community and the force.com platform is a must.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Salesforce Business Analyst.
- Strong understanding of business processes for the following is desired: Sales, Services, Marketing, Partner, Renewals
- Both business savvy and technology savvy. Ability to learn quickly in both business domain and technology domain
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Experience presenting a compelling story to executive audiences
- Familiar with SDLC (software development life cycle). Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements/story gathering, analysis, solution design, development, testing (unit, integration, end-to-end user), implementation, and support
- Experience in delivering software projects using Agile methodology
- Experience with project issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Familiar with change management and training methodology
- Experience in creating, maintaining, and supporting all application development artifacts including user stories, process flows, screen mockups, data diagrams, business rule definitions, design documents, user manuals and training materials
- Strong analytical and system design skills, and problem-solving skills, with a track record of seeing tasks through to successful completion
- Ability to break down complex problems into steps and drive product development
- Highly responsive with strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Comfort working in a technical environment and able to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and juggle multiple deadlines and projects while keeping peers, stakeholders and supervisor abreast of activities
- Self-motivated, accountable, highly organized and can prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Excel in a team environment, and must have the ability to independently complete individual tasks in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft O365 applications, specifically Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology Management or related discipline
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of CPQ tools desired
- Salesforce Certification is a plus
- Experience with other SaaS applications is a plus
For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $120,000 - $180,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge