The IT Service Desk Specialist's role is to provide professional, courteous, effective, and advanced technical support and customer service to all internal employees. At a high level, this includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and resolving/escalating end user's requests and issues.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
• Field incoming interactions to the Service Desk via phone, chat and self-service regarding computer related and mobile device related requests and issues.
• During end user interactions, document all pertinent user information, request/issue details and troubleshooting steps taken in the ticketing tool.
• Using company established rules, prioritize end user's requests and issues.
• Using documented policies and procedures and IT management tools, troubleshoot and resolve the issue/request or escalate to the appropriate group.
• Communicate effectively with end users in all stages of the incident management process; including initial interaction, triage, escalation and status updates as requested.
• Manage individual incident queues in a timely manner to ensure all end user requests and issues are addressed within their appropriate SLA.
• Attend training sessions to learn relevant IT knowledge and company specific applications to provide timely support to our end users.
• Participate in team projects that enhance the effectiveness of the Service Desk.
• Other duties as needed.
What you bring to the team
• Associate's Degree in Computer Science or other related field and 3.5 years relevant work experience.
• Understanding of Active Directory, Exchange Management Console, SCCM,Citrix XenDesktop and Cisco/Palo Alto VPN.
• Working knowledge of computer hardware and software. Understanding of mobile device support; including Android and iOS.
• Interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
• Proven customer service skills.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge