Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.What you'll be doing
Develop account plans to maximize the value of the accounts and to build and nurture client relationships. Ensures alignment to Global and Regional strategy and ability to monitor, measure and communicate progress against stated goals. Identify lead, develop and track opportunities, from identification to the close. Opportunity expansion - share of wallet. Identify up-selling and cross-selling opportunities within the account and develop activation plans. Application of specialized/vertical knowledge to recommend customized solutions
Lead / Opportunity Management
- Lead management through Salesforce. Identify S0 - S5 processes and define for the team.
- Manage new projects and opportunities by establishing clear leadership and orchestration of opportunity deliverables between Sales, Pre Sales, and Support teams.
- Identify up-selling and cross-selling opportunities within the account and develop activation plans.
- Understanding company businesses. Highlighting total IT usage and potential expansion.
- Mapping our solutions (references) with customer business needs that differentiate the customers in their markets - provide overall roadmap to customer and highlight short term and long term business needs.
- Understand customer business needs and map solutions through closely tying pre-sales/solutions/services and products team.
- Use solutions selling to identify opportunities that add value to our customers by helping them save money, make money or manage risk
What you bring to the team
- Ensure a consistent One Hitachi approach for the customer by regular account team communication and alignment to one account plan (be regional eyes and ears for GAM and be the local spokesperson for the global strategy at this account)
- Proven, professional new business account management skills including multi-level sales negotiation experience. This will include the ability to overcome obstacles in order to gain agreement and work both externally and internally to ensure agreements are reached which are satisfactory to all concerned.
- Ability to 'cold call' to open new Accounts to grow existing footprint.
- A strong track record of sales achievement within the new business or account management environment. Appropriate candidates will possess a good solution selling track record.
- A successful track record of negotiating high value orders with a recognised supplier within the I.T. industry or proven experience within Hitachi Vantara in a relevant sales/marketing support or Systems Engineer role.
- Demonstrable business awareness with the ability to adopt a disciplined and commercially approach to achieving goals and objectives including the ability to create and maintain a business plan. Appropriate experience would include being fully conversant with key financial ratios, business indicators and financial trends.
- Possesses good business knowledge pertaining to vertical market alignment.
- A strong and confident communicator and presenter capable of developing excellent working relationships and who can sell him/herself within the company and to customers and prospects. First class verbal communications, report writing and presentation skills. Comfortable operating/presenting at senior management level.
- A self-motivated person who will be expected to work effectively without close supervision making prudent decisions without continual reference to his immediate manager. In addition, the candidate will also be expected to maintain good communication with his management and colleagues that no opportunities are lost.
- Although personally successful will value the team and the advantages it brings.
- Has the ability to work within a support infrastructure, co-ordinating and motivating these resources as required.
- Possessing a personality, which will respond positively to working within the structure of Hitachi Vantara and is genuinely enthusiastic to face the challenge, which Hitachi Vantara offers.
- Ability to reference sell based on library of business outcome focused references
- Market insight and understand the unique needs of the Field business
- Solution selling methodology and Approach
- Ability to seamlessly work in direct and virtual matrixed managed environment
- Revenue driven and sales process competent
- Customer focused and savvy business hunter mentality