Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are seeking People - Data Scientist to support People analytics and ensure the organization can implement state-of-the-art predictive analytics. Role Overview
Explore large datasets to surface useful trends, signals, and segments. The role drives business and HR solutions focused on Big Data and Advanced Analytics. The role uses analytics to provide predictive, prescriptive, and decisive insight.Responsibilities
- Interact with internal customers (both HR and business) to understand business objectives and create analytical strategies to help achieve them.
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytics systems.
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
• Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods.
• Perform exploratory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns.
• Analyze data using open source packages and commercial/enterprise applications
• Perform machine learning, text analytics, and statistical analysis methods, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods.
• Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
• Implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses.
• Drive client engagements focused on Big Data and Advanced Business Analytics.
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
• Communicate results and educate others through reports and presentations. Skills Required - Expertise in Data Mining, Data wrangling, and data munging using one or more of the most commonly used data science tools: R, Python, SPSS; Experience in end-to-end data science and engineering activities.
• Expertise in client engagement, data science consulting type activities.
• Must be hands-on and must have worked on implementing machine learning and data mining algorithms.
• Passion for finding meaning in large data sets and identifying actionable results.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with and transforming large data sets.
• Understanding of business value and how this relates to actionable results.
• Ability to visualize data results into meaningful workflows including charts and graphs
- BE / B Tech / ME / M Tech
- Expertise in client engagement, data science consulting type activities.
- Must be hands-on and must have worked on implementing machine learning and data mining algorithms.
- Passion for finding meaning in large data sets and identifying actionable results.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with and transforming large data sets.
- Understanding of business value and how this relates to actionable results.
- Ability to visualize data results into meaningful workflows including charts and graphs
- Product Knowledge: R, Python (Scikit-learn, numpy, etc), SAS, SPSS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.