We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.Role
As a Design System designer you'll be able to understand and work with multiple use cases across the company's portfolio . You'll be responsible for supporting other design groups activity by guaranteeing alignment and consistency while capturing and solving new challenges or requests. You'll work in a team where decisions are taken with the collaboration of everyone, in a truly productive design collaboration environment.Responsibilities
• Ensure user experience and interfaces align with portfolio-wide guidelines.
• Create Hitachi's user interface assets to be used across products ensuring consistency and interoperability across the portfolio
• Ensure solutions for a specific feature are compatible with the user experience of the entire product and aligned with the company's portfolio.
• Support Engineering teams during implementation as needed to ensure design solutions are correctly implemented in the shipped product.
• Collaborate with User Researchers to assess usability of product features post-launch and identify opportunities to improve user experience.Qualifications
• 3-5+ years of experience User Experience and Interface design for applications that have shipped and been well-received by users. Experience with Design Systems is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to apply design thinking methodologies to new product and feature innovation.
• Experience in working with diverse groups of people (e.g., international audiences, multi-language localization, etc.)
• Self-motivation, with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team.\u2028• Good oral and written communication skills\u2028
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build strong relationships and a successful track record of collaboration toward achieving objectives.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge