Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower business costs. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Passionate customer focus
• Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
• Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
• Relentless drive to win.
The successful candidate will possess a demonstrated history of innovation and thought leadership in developing and analyzing large-scale system performance. This includes the establishment of strategy and assets. The role requires experience in performance optimization and an in-depth understanding of industry benchmarking techniques. The adoption of automation, the standardization of process, and analysis to promote efficiency to support the multitude of products across all environments is paramount.What You Will Be Doing
Define and execute the strategy, plans, resource requirement, and risk management planning for Hitachi Vantara Digital Infrastructure storage performance benchmarking.
• Manage the allocation of resources in support of the business initiatives and customer opportunities.
• Work as Product Owner for our Software Define storage in establishing performance goals, creating good user stories, and acceptance criteria.
• Support Hitachi Vantara product launch, including program schedules and resources utilization.
• Drive upfront project planning: meet with critical stakeholders to write project charters, statement of works, and other specification documents to have a crisp engineering execution plan and establish a quality assurance plan.
• They effectively utilize lean and engineering methodologies to develop and improve the automation framework for final QA validation and performance testing.
• Possess a willingness and desire to work directly with their peer and their direct report in the business unit to define and set a strategy for engineering effort and continuous improvement for the existing QA framework.
• Establishment of best practices in benchmark execution and reporting to key stakeholders.
• Facilitate the demonstration of Hitachi Vantara products for customer engagement and public events.
• Deliver the definition, design, and development of tools to provide the configuration of solutions for customer delivery.
• Act as a mentor for the engineers and provide training on testing strategy, standards, tools, and processes.
• Responsible for leading major engineering projects to meet scope, quality, and budget requirements.
• Facilitate engineering escalation during the development process with Hitachi Japan.What You Bring To The Team
Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Engineering Degree and MS / MBA preferred.
• Minimum 10+ years of relevant work experience in performance testing and benchmarking with the deep application, storage, and hardware experience. A clear understanding of the delivery of hardware and software solutions and expertise in product realization and verification.
• 5+ years in a senior leadership role with increasing responsibility and track record of successful performance management skills.
• Well-versed in Agile software development principles and practices.
• Demonstrate ability to lead and multi-task, problem-solve, make decisions and operate in a fast-paced environment.
• A collaborator who listens effectively and invites response and discussion. Possess good negotiation skills
• A problem solver, able to work in a results-driven, highly accountable environment
• Must be able to exercise independent thinking and sound judgment under all circumstances.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently, and be reliable and responsive
• Highly effective communication skills, including interactive listening with proven ability to negotiate across all levels of the organization.
• Possess executive-level insight, understanding of organizational issues and challenges, and have the proven ability to influence decisions at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to maintain strong relationships across Hitachi Vantara business units and geographies and include multiple constituents within a project.
• Versatility and willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Robust data analysis and problem-solving skills
• Experience with cloud services (Amazon Web Services a plus).
• Deep Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks (i.e., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, etc.)
• Deep Knowledge about Agile techniques, including - User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing, etc.
• Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
• Knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand the team needs
• Proven experience in strategic planning
Personal attributes and values:
• "Can do" attitude and relentless drive to win.
• Passionate customer focus
• Thoughtful, high sense of urgency, fast, displayed execution
• Tenacious commitment to continuous improvementOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge