This is a pivotal role, helping the Global HCP/Data Intelligence business to achieve their financial and other business KPIs by managing the business in the AMERs GEO. The Hitachi Content Platform/Data Intelligence Sales Specialists - Technical Experts in the AMERs GEO will report directly to the GEO Business Lead and the role will report directly into the Global Business Lead for HCP - Data Intelligence.
As the AMERs Hitachi Content Platform/Data Intelligence Business Lead, you will devise - execute a business plan, utilizing your direct as well as cross functional resources, to ensure revenue - KPI objectives are met. Throughout planning - execution phase you will work closely with the Global Business Lead - other key stakeholders to maximize the chances of success.
In recognition of the seniority of this role, you will also be required to represent the Hitachi Content Platform/Data Intelligence portfolio of solutions externally at industry and analyst events - through social media. In addition, you will play a key role in working with Product Management - other stake holders to ensure that the long-term strategy of the portfolio aligns with customer demand - market dynamics. This is a GEO wide role which may require extensive travel within the GEO - also some international travel.CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility, from a Hitachi Content Platform/Data Intelligence perspective, for the achievement of the AMERs GEO AOP including but not limited to:
- Accurate forecasting
- Driving services attach
- Devising - participating in pipeline generation activities
- Devising - participating in enablement activities for the sales - technical sales communities
- Working closely with Hitachi Content Platform/Data Intelligence relevant partners
- Identifying - supporting the career aspirations - development needs of the Hitachi Content Platform/Data Intelligence specialist team thus minimizing attrition.
- Play a defining role in the future strategy for the Content Portfolio, ensuring alignment with market expectations, changing trends - ultimately meeting customer expectations.
- Being one of the public faces for the portfolio's vision, helping to build the portfolio's market presence utilizing exceptional communication skills.
- Demonstrable track record of achieving financial - KPI objectives.
- Experience of managing a Specialist Technical Sales team (ideally, minimum of 3).
- Extensive knowledge of the general IT landscape - market trends and the Object Storage market in particular. Specific knowledge of the HCP portfolio advantageous.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, able to adopt to the target audience (internal, external - seniority levels).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple engagements - prioritization, planning, task delegation - attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, tenacious - comfortable working in a virtual, global team structure.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge