An opportunity exists in the EMEA Cloud Solutions practice for a service focused Technical Design Authority to work within the Service Management team to identify, design and review technical solutions for existing managed services clients. The role will operate across a portfolio of clients and the full Cloud Solutions service offerings including Oracle, SAP and Microsoft applications and hybrid cloud infrastructure services.
The role will provide technical expertise to research, design and propose services for existing clients with responsibility for design, compliance and supportability of the services. The TDA will follow the service design process to ensure any services introduced can be supported by and are signed off by the service delivery functions.
The role will work closely with Service Management, take guidance from the Cloud Solutions CTO and work alongside the Service Design - Solutions Authority teams.
Key activities are:
- Provide architectural and technical assurance to existing client services and solutions
• Proactively identify opportunities for improvement - develop and present the business case internally and to the client
• Work with the Service Manager and account team to develop a technical roadmap strategy for a client
• Collaborate with the Service Manager to drive incremental business opportunities
• Perform regular assessments of client solutions for compliance (eg. security - licensing), supportability and capacity planning
• Lead the design and costing of CRs from an overall solution perspective
• Co-ordinate across service towers to perform service impact assessment of CRs on a client solution
• Perform reviews, validate and provide technical sign-off of new bids and service extensions on to existing client services
• Provide technical governance and perform due diligence as part of the Acceptance into Service process
• Act as the technical interface to partners and 3rd party vendors as part of an integrated service
• Assist in the definition of tooling requirements to meet service obligations
• Provide assistance in troubleshooting complex service issues bridging multiple service components
- Broad technical experience in a managed services environment for infrastructure and application services
• Proven ability to apply technical expertise to a variety of solutions and services
• A strong understanding of service management principles
• Proven ability to identify solution improvement opportunities
• Confident communicator and presenter to senior client stakeholders
• Working knowledge of data security and data privacy practices
• Ability to construct a commercial business case
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities
- Experience of holding similar roles within service provider organisations
• Experience of Service Management processes across the service lifecycle
• Client facing roles with engagement up to and at C-level
• Working in a virtual team environment
• Understanding of Service Level Agreements
Location - Travel:
Primary location is the Hitachi Consulting office in Manchester with visits to client-site locations and other Hitachi Consulting offices.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge