Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsThe Role
This role is hands-on Lead Software Engineer to develop IOT applications platform, machine learning and solutions. The ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question assumptions and be imaginative. 10 or more years' experience as an engineer with drive for innovation by developing prototypes, influencing product roadmap. You should have a passion for exploring and learning new technologies in a fast-paced environment. Participate in product requirement discussions with Product Management, Product Owner, Engineering Lead, and UX.Responsibilities
• Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses - Product Managers.
• Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts.
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding.
• Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team.
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation.
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and skilled in build, release - deployment processes (CI/CD)
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructureQualifications
• 10+ years of experience in the software industry, which at least 3 years are in IOT platform and application development;
• Possess strong experience in design and development of full stack web applications with emphasis on Micro-Services architecture. Knowledge of 12-factor application and proficient in applying common design patterns.
• Deep understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture.
• Experiences using IaaS and/or PaaS (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, vCloud Air); and virtualization environment (ESXi, Xen, Hyper-V, Docker, etc.).
• Proficient in one or more of the following languages: GoLang
• Database experience must be familiar with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
• Hands-on in design and code reviews.
• Architect, Design, Develop, Implement and Deploy enterprise level, high availability applications.
• Expert understanding of multi-threaded priority-based systems.
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Good communication and inter-personal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.