Meet our Team
The NBSS (National Breast Screening System) team provide Application Support and Development services to the NHS. We provide support to the NHS breast screening units across England and Northern Ireland. We are a team of diverse individuals and growing our team significantly to provide the required services over the coming years. NBSS is a complex system, and the service is often challenging so if you are a dynamic individual that loves to work as part of the strong and driven team, whilst driving improvement and change then please join us! What you'll be doing
You'll be testing functional and technical changes across the Application platform, working with a specialist team of developers, BA's and Support consultants. Working collaboratively with the team as a whole to meet the needs of the business. What you bring to the team
- Able to analyse requirements, preparing a test documentation based on those requirements.
- Writing and executing test cases to detect usability and performance issues. Reporting on issues.
- Familiarity with testing - knowledge of testing phases and approaches, including functional, regression, integration, and end-to-end
- Problem-solving skills - strong problem-solving skills that allow them to test software/Application, identify bugs, and solve errors
- Teamwork - working with Development team and Test Lead QA with strong communication skills that allow them to collaborate with others.
- Experience with JIRA tool would be an added advantage (Not mandatory , but willing to train)
- ISEB/ISTQB certification preferred - Good knowledge of SDLC (Software development Life cycle ) , Waterfall and Agile methodology.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity